Trip Report Indian Himalaya trekking firms. Tapovan/Gaumukh?

Mister Tee on XC Skis

Not your average unconventional eccentric.
Ski Pass
Jul 29, 2015
Melbourne, Lockdown-i-stan .
soundcloud.com
The Lion Rock was well worth the trouble of visiting it.
Not far from the Hotel was an old Stupa covered in grass. Because it rains so much and is so humid , everything was very green and lush.I think I saw a crocodile or alligator in one of these pools.
_SAM3295.JPG

_SAM3289.JPG
_SAM3289.JPG

Mister Tee on XC Skis

Not your average unconventional eccentric.
Ski Pass
Jul 29, 2015
Melbourne, Lockdown-i-stan .
soundcloud.com
Back at Negombo north of Colombo, I spent 24 hours bumming around in the intense humidity until I could catch my plane home.
A walk along the beach before the rain set in was a good way to stretch one's legs after the long trip by car from the Lion Rock to the West coast.

The word Catamaran is derived from Tamil, esp. where these kinds of water craft were first seen by white people in the Madras and Colombo areas.
_SAM3296.JPG

Last edited:
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Ubiquitous Steve

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 29, 2008
Back at the Ice Bear Hotel sunset was approaching, the locals were playing volley ball on the beach and the end of a
_SAM3321.JPG
sub continental trip was approaching. There will be more trips to South Asia!
Well Team Bears are convinced that KNP needs to erect something akin to the Ice Hotel down there in Island Bend....

No more of this Glamper Camping nonsense.....get the real deal with six star accomadation ..Of course security guards would be required to keep the masses out after one of those in snow storms where their campsites are blown apart!
We can already hear the warm response emanating from our forum colleagues ....they love Huts ...and top hotels they love even more!!

It’s just got that Yackandandah feel to it....nothing like a few palm trees to capture the patrons interest.We are quite sure that with careful establishment and horticultural practice that the palms would flourish ....flinging off the winter snow ..and bouncing back into an erect position to welcome the backcountry / sidecountry enthusiast.
And instead of volley ball ....perhaps a polo ground ...where the strength and agility of the “feral horses”can be exhibited as KNP staff officiate......

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass