Question Innsbruck for a week?

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Copakid New, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Copakid New

Copakid New Hard Yards

Intermediate skier (High end) who can tackle the occasional black but loves groomed runs. I have a week in Innsbruck either 22/12 or 31/12. Am looking for recommendations for resorts (I have seen they have a few around the town) and accommodation. There will be just me. thanks in advance

2. Heinz

Heinz Old n' Crusty
    Ski Pass - Gold

3. Sbooker

Sbooker Hard Yards

Stubai Galcier is closeby - bus runs from Innsbruck.
    Catch the train from central Innsbruck to Jenbach, change platforms to the light gauge rail up the Ziller Valley - there endless opportunities there.
    Catch the train from central Innsbruck to a little place called St Anton (an hour away). Should find something to ski there too.

4. Jacko4650

Jacko4650 One of Us

Check Innsbruck tourism website for accommodation & ski packages but make sure Stubai is included (read fine print) - good value. Buses run to all resorts. The ski area adjacent to town is awesome for views and dinner but not so for skiing.

5. absentskier

absentskier Old n' Crusty
    Ski Pass - Gold

I had a good day at Axamer Lizum back in 2000. Can't remember too much about it except that it was easy to get to on the bus and we had fun!

6. Jacko4650

Jacko4650 One of Us

Yes I really enjoyed it a few years back. First time I have seen a ''speed run" where you are encouraged to go flat out and record your speed.

7. Karbon

Karbon Hard Yards

Its early in the season so plan to go high. Stubai, or a little further away but the glaciers above Solden.

8. Stick

Stick Hard Yards

Spent 5 days there in 2016 at roughly the same time you are going. We ended up at Stubai Glacier on Christmas day, then Patscherkofel on Boxing Day. Easy to get to via bus. Christmas day it snowed up top of Stubai, however Boxing day it was warm. Not a lot of snow around, however enough to entertain for a couple of days. If you are there over Christmas i would recommend Hotel Adler for Christmas Eve which was amazing..

Best option we found was to go to local ski/snowboard shop and just ask in there where the best spots to go are. Everyone was helpful enough.

Apresski likes this.
  9. Ozgirl

Ozgirl A Local
    Ski Pass - Gold

And the cheap beer and gluewhine out the back of the bus at the end of the day...

Ah Innsbruck was fun!

10. currawong

currawong Old but not so Crusty
    Ski Pass - Gold

and the schnapps shop in town....

11. Copakid New

Copakid New Hard Yards

Thanks for that and keep them coming

12. Stick

Stick Hard Yards

The coldest Velstin beer you will ever have.. At the half way stop of the Nordkette Gondala