Internal US flights with FF points

Discussion in 'Flights' started by bullet, Nov 24, 2018.

1. bullet

bullet One of Us

Hi all, i remember some on here talking about good rates especially taxes etc for internal flights within the US?

Ill be there in August next year.
    I seem to remember @Born2ski talking about these?

How did you book them? Just through traditional Qantas FF login?
    Thanks

2. Born2ski

Born2ski Part of the Furniture

Yep, I just booked them online through their websites.

So last year(2017) we booked flights with Qantas FF points. Flights cost us $US 5.60 each plus 14,000 points. (Spokane-Seattle-LAX)
    Also booked some internal flights with Virgin that cost us $13.40 each plus 7200 points. (Seattle-Spokane)

bullet and skiflat like this.
  3. PeterM

PeterM Hard Yards

Qantas FF can be a pain to book, most non Qantas flights will have to be booked over the phone (in my experience) and require a 'booking fee' (paid in points), ring the call center outside Australian businesses hours and you will get through to an offshore reservation agent, they have no clue about the booking fee.

On the contrary velocity flyer points are much easier to use and the tax charges tend to be less.

4. PerthBoarder

PerthBoarder Hard Yards
    30 Day Bruce

Usually if you point out that you were unable to yourself they will waive the booking fee.

5. jgm

jgm Hard Yards

They're a lot easier these days. AS & AA flights are easy to find & book.

6. PeterM

PeterM Hard Yards

Never worked, has it with you, I'm surprised? They always say it's part of the process, even though it's impossible to book any other way (so stupid). That's why we always try ring outside business hours and get someone from overseas.

7. absentskier

absentskier Old n' Crusty
    Gold Bruce

I’ve booked numerous internal US flights (and to Mexico) on Qantas points without issue.

8. PerthBoarder

PerthBoarder Hard Yards
    30 Day Bruce

Has worked twice. Once when I booked with points on JAL and another for a change to flights. At that time there was no option to do it yourself. They do need to be pushed a little hard to waive the fee but I just point out I never call if I can do it my self and it is their system that has forced me to call