1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Advice needed Is mid-late June too early?

Discussion in 'New Zealand' started by yellowcurtains, May 31, 2018.

1. yellowcurtains

yellowcurtains First Runs

Hi all,

Two beginner/intermediate boarders thinking of going to NZ from mid to late June (around 17th to 27th) to hit the slopes. Will this be too early to catch any good snow? What would be the worst case, most likely case, and best case scenarios? We're happy to go anywhere in NZ (or anywhere at all) to board.

Cheers in advance

2. Draizuh

Draizuh One of Us

Define good snow? There is better coverage on coronet right now than there has been most seasons...

Dumphfish and yellowcurtains like this.
  3. Telestrom

Telestrom A Local

Unless there’s a heatwave between now and the end of June, there should be plenty of snow coverage.

Richard and yellowcurtains like this.
  4. Peanut

Peanut One of Us

From what I’ve been seeing on FB, Cardrona, Remarks and Coronet Peak have all been getting plenty of snow.

I’m going over with my family in mid-July. I really want to have a go at the Coronet Peak night ski on our ‘off’ day. Hubby is not as keen because he likes to get up early to get up to the snow, and he reckons the kids are going to struggle after going to CP the night before. Also, we’re not confident that Mstr 7 is going to be able to board by himself after 2 days in Kea Club.