Is normo real?

Seafm

Too far from the snow
Ski Pass
Jun 5, 2014
Cairns, Queensland
While it's proven fact that Normo is real is there some chance that some of us has actually met each other and did not even realize it? Last year at Perisher I was approached by a couple of ladies and a fellow to take a few photos of them and the favour was duly returned. The guy comes across to me as being @TC as he had a pretty good sense of humour. I'm not game enough to post a photo of the ladies posing with me just in case I'm wrong and upset some stranger's privacy.

skichic

A Local
May 26, 2003
While it's proven fact that Normo is real is there some chance that some of us has actually met each other and did not even realize it? Last year at Perisher I was approached by a couple of ladies and a fellow to take a few photos of them and the favour was duly returned. The guy comes across to me as being @TC as he had a pretty good sense of humour. I'm not game enough to post a photo of the ladies posing with me just in case I'm wrong and upset some stranger's privacy.
nfip and I spent a few hours gate judging on an interschools course together last year. Figured it out this year.

skichic

A Local
May 26, 2003
Does Buller have this? I would be interested to see what I got through, though it pales into insignificance here among such esteemed company.
My biggest VM in one hit could be simply standing up in the morning. :)
No VM's at Buller!

Seafm

Too far from the snow
Ski Pass
Jun 5, 2014
Cairns, Queensland
Is the guy that runs Aldis a member here. In 2013 he repaired the broken binding on my board and we had a good yarn. I stuck my head in his shop last year to say hello and he remembered me. We had another good yarn.

Reactions: skull

rustyst

Hard Yards
Aug 4, 2013
Wow! I thought this thread had been locked and buried! :)
I can confirm that RustySt did 18,000+VM legit. Best total ever.
My best is a bit over 16,000.
I just go out each day and do the best I can.
I get the health benefits, and I enjoy the activity and the company.
It's really that simple.....as am I.....:)
Thanks for your support Normo, This was done with my nine year old son on the 4th of Sept last year skiing out of Smiggs with no support team. My 14 year old son and myself beat last years total by 1 meter last Friday, my youngest was not happy.
Thanks again Normo

D-eye

Photographer and skier
Ski Pass
Jan 21, 2001
Canberra
deyephotography.com
Hey guys,
This is just to assure those that are curious, I am real. The secret to my vertical metre accumulation is that I generally start skiing at 8am (when possible) and usually go through to last lifts, unless conditions are horrible. I've done 77 days so far this season so, when you do the math, there's no need for tricks to build the numbers. I set out this season to get fit and lose some weight. I've shed 10kg and the legs are holding up OK (though not quite "steel").
I've shared a chair with Ian H on many an occassion. Ian is 10 years my senior and 2nd on the leaderboard. If I can be doing what he's done this year in 10 years time, I'll be very pleased. As to my identity, just ask some of the lifties or the green jacket brigade to point me out. They see me very regularly and always have a bit of a joke or offer a few words of encouragement.
Congrats to Perisher for the Dashboard initiative. It has added a new dimension to the enjoyment of snowsport and has motivated many of us to do that extra few runs or have a go on days that are a bit marginal.
Only 1 year to go :D

Nidecker

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 5, 2009
Alpine the dark side of snowboarding
I still don't believe you.

Rare I know, but I snapped this photo of him this year.

upload_2020-10-22_18-7-55.png

Marty McSly

A brick propping up the furniture
Ski Pass
Jul 12, 2011
Hunter Valley Whine Country, NSW
Not only is @Normo real, he's bloody unreal too. Perisher this morning greeted us with low cloud, a howling wind and mizzle. But as soon as Normo had plonked his date on the first chair, the wind died down to nothing, the clouds parted and the sun came out.

I'm not sure whether to call him Normoses or The Golden Date. :D

TC

Pool Room
Ski Pass
Dec 7, 1999
Gulmarg Resort Kashmir Sydney
Normo has racked up an insane amount of vertical metres according to the Perisher myride leader board.

He's currently sitting at approx. 588,000 metres.

Is he real? Anyone know him?

Theories?
Normo is a battle of britain pilot who lost his legs in an accident so they gave him bionic legs that made him faster ,stronger and more powerful than any man before him

Zimbooo

One of Us
Nov 20, 2017
I'm sure he is........I saw a tv news thread that said a legend by the name of "Norma" (it must have been a typo) had been attacked by a shark at Perisher, he quickly skied to a ski patroller, who picked him up and to safety, whilst his mates looked on in shock from behind.

Reactions: Seafm

Marty McSly

A brick propping up the furniture
Ski Pass
Jul 12, 2011
Hunter Valley Whine Country, NSW
I'm sure he is........I saw a tv news thread that said a legend by the name of "Norma" (it must have been a typo) had been attacked by a shark at Perisher, he quickly skied to a ski patroller, who picked him up and to safety, whilst his mates looked on in shock from behind.
When @Normo gets his park rat on, he jumps sharks. ;)

Reactions: Sir Surfalot

Kelpieboy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 27, 2015
Tooma , NSW
Page 1 made me giggle a bit ,well actually a lot
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
On the QBW ,last weekend ,I was sitting on the V8 and a couple of blokes were discussing this mythical fella named Normo and how he was an ex Olympic skier and that he had won about a half dozen Subaru's. I tried not to but I just couldn't help myself and burst out laughing because just at that moment Normo skied down FV looking anything but an ex Olympian. These blokes just looked at me strangely as I wiped tears from my eyes.
Good onya Normo but apparently your legend continues to grow.

PS - did I set the record straight for these blokes ? Naaa ,why spoil it for them. Must be similar to the Easter Bunny or Santa Claus for some people.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass