Is Vail group financially secure?

teleroo

leaf blower aficionado
Ski Pass
Jun 19, 2019
Illawarra
It was a time every single corporate on the planet saw China as this humungous trove of gold ripe for the plundering.

absentskier

Smug bozo
Ski Pass
Jun 10, 2010
Melbourne
I think your 10% of pass holders going to the US is way too high, I reckon it would be lucky to be more than 2%. Out of all the skiers I know there is only that goes to the US and she is a Thredbo skier anyway. With Japan being the preferred destination for Australian skiers because of its convenience I think the US doesn't enter most people's radar. Have you seen the exchange rate lately?
As an aside, a couple of years ago I was taking to a senior manager who is now the CEO of one of the Vail resorts, he had just come back from a holiday in the states. I asked him did he he go to the Vail resorts over there, he said no, even with the staff discount and epic pass they were way too expensive for him.
Heaps and heaps of Aussie skiers go to USA and Canada. Obviously not your crowd though!

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Kash

One of Us
Ski Pass
Ski Pass
Jul 9, 2007
Sydney
Heaps and heaps of Aussie skiers go to USA and Canada. Obviously not your crowd though!

Next year though, most/many more Aussies will be experiencing Europe or Nth America (us included), because of the ball ache of going to Japan in 23. It made getting an ikon pass worthwhile for the 5 of us. We will get 18 days of skiing (incl 6 each at Aspen and Thredbo which are $$$$) for US$1k. Not bad in my view.

Back to Japan or possibly other options after that. Still keen to get the family to Georgia or Iran for a ski trip.

MarzNC

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 8, 2017
Raleigh, NC, USA
over50skifitness.blogspot.com
Something new for VR. The new GM for Northstar is not an internal promotion. Instead, an exec who has been with Powdr for 20 years is moving over.

June 24, 2022 (USA)

skinavy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Feb 7, 2001
Canberra, ACT
Learn how to deal with a 60 year old drunk Swiss farmer who has sat at the same T bar for the last 40 years watching people fall over LOL .
I've skied Andermatt and had that very experience. They also don't bother to clear offload for chairs when it is snowing heavily. Why would the chair drag through the snow does it for you... of course who gives a shit about the riders getting their boots and skis caught under the chair.

• Haha
Reactions: Bato

DPS Driver

A Local
Jul 18, 2014
No idea what this means, or if it's just a blip in VR corporate history. Barkin has been with VR since 2012.

July 11, 2022
It means what it says. It would be an amicable separation. Working through to end of year etc. Onboarding his replacement.
I guess he felt it was the right time to do something else.

Reactions: MarzNC
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

telecrag

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Oct 12, 2007
Maybe they should change the company name and walk from the town.

Perisher Blue!

Chookfooter

Cranky Curmudgeon
Ski Pass
May 11, 2020
Reactions: Bogong
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using