selwynlogoWEB.jpg

nsw-selwyn.jpg

Reactions: Untele-whippet

Kelpieboy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 27, 2015
Tooma , NSW
Selwyn isnt that bad , it amazes me how many people knock it. Sure it doesnt have a lot of attributes or facilities of the larger places but it does have a role to play in the scheme of things. Its a great place to introduce new people to the wonderfull world of snowsports on non threatening gentle slopes that will give them some of the skills and a lot of the confidence required to progress to the larger and more difficult terrain at other places. More power to Selwyn.

kiter

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 21, 2002
Newcastle
Selwyn is great for families my kids and lots of my friends and their kids learnt to ski and board there and had great family holidays there , we're all clogging up the slopes (if thats what you want to call them ) at perisher and thredbo now ,and i'm right there with Kelpieboy .

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

IAB

A Local
Ski Pass
Jun 20, 2005
The Shire, Sydney
I will always have fond memories of Selwyn as its the first place we went with the kids when they were 5 and 3 (many years ago!).

The look on my elder daughters face as she started sliding backwards down New Chum Bowl after putting skis on for the first time was priceless.

Reactions: Majikthise

chunky

Pool Room
Jul 24, 1998
brisbane,qld,aus
I learnt to ski there way back in 1983. It was winter with a vengeance. Snow half way down Talbingo Mtn on the drive up and plenty up top.

Richard

Maintenance Dept
Administrator
Mar 14, 1995
Clarence Town

Unbelievably difficult to escape a triangle or snowflake based glyph icon for snow sport related brands.

Pete worked on ours on and off over about three months - it was ridiculous how few ideas would work, especially as we did not have a physical landmark or geographic area to associate with.

Reactions: VSG

Kelpieboy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 27, 2015
Tooma , NSW
Unbelievably difficult to escape a triangle or snowflake based glyph icon for snow sport related brands
Theres an old photo on a wall at Selwyn of some old timers snowshoeing at Kiandra , cant remember exactly when but from memory somewhere around 1890. Looks like they are riding brooms. This might have been a unique icon for Selwyn showing a little of its history into the bargain. :)

Ubiquitous Steve

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 29, 2008
well compared to Baw Baw and Lake Mt Selwyn is a 5star resort...

used to take vehicle to Quarry and hide it when doing summer walking trips..up little rd past ski slopes...

no yuppies up there in the north....:p:p:p:p

place has a reputation as entry point for hard core tourers...not like yo yos of Main Range!!!

and best place to be is in Cabrumarras bar having some cold ones while watching big screen(well Team assumes they have a big screen)....ahh just a quick trip down the rd way..

Last edited:

Richard

Maintenance Dept
Administrator
Mar 14, 1995
Clarence Town
Theres an old photo on a wall at Selwyn of some old timers snowshoeing at Kiandra , cant remember exactly when but from memory somewhere around 1890. Looks like they are riding brooms. This might have been a unique icon for Selwyn showing a little of its history into the bargain. :)

Nice collection but the photo I am referring to isnt amongst them.

I know that photo,

A short lived Aust outerware brand used a silhouette of that figure as it's logo - was around 1997, can't remember the name of the brand, only lasted about three seasons.

Ubiquitous Steve

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 29, 2008
but we like the technique just straight down the fall line ..no stuffing around..no wasted energy on fancy turns..
BawBawBell eat your heart out!!!!

:p:p:p:pno time to do any rotation nonsense...

we need to show the strippers at kittens this solid pole work routine...

nfip

Cold 'n Rusty
Ski Pass
Jul 24, 2006
Yuin Country
Selwyn isnt that bad , it amazes me how many people knock it. Sure it doesnt have a lot of attributes or facilities of the larger places but it does have a role to play in the scheme of things. Its a great place to introduce new people to the wonderfull world of snowsports on non threatening gentle slopes that will give them some of the skills and a lot of the confidence required to progress to the larger and more difficult terrain at other places. More power to Selwyn.
This //

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass