1. SPECIAL NOTE TO NEW WEATHERZONE FOLK

If you recently registered and have not received a confirmation email - please check your 'Spam or Junk' folders. Especially if your email is Hotmail. More help with confirmation issues

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice
  2. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Japan ski area bus schedules

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Heinz, Aug 21, 2016.

1. M_G

M_G M_G_ = Make skiing great again Ski Pass: Gold

Sheesh, yeah, you'd have to be dedicated to the cause. Even the bus from Asahikawa is long hike.

2. Heinz

Heinz Old n' Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

The bus from Asahikawa would be ok but schedule isn't very good for a day trip. When I used the bus a couple of times 20 years ago it was to stay overnight. Back then if you caught the last bus to Asahidake and hence were staying overnight the bus was free.

3. Draizuh

Draizuh One of Us

Slightly off topic but @Heinz whats Tazawako like?? Considering a slight deviation north and though it might be worth a shot, Got a full JR pass so might aswell use it..

4. Heinz

I quite enjoyed it even though I arrived the day after it had rained all through Honshu. Certainly worth 3-4 days, more terrain than I expected. Lots of kids race training but otherwise quiet - very few foreigners, so able to get plenty laps of powder on piste.
    https://www.ski.com.au/xf/threads/japan-2016-akita-iwate.74021/#post-2908202

Draizuh and M_G like this.
  5. SociallyDisabled

SociallyDisabled Hard Yards

Picked this up in Shiga. Sorry for the Quality

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lady Penelope likes this.
  6. pedub

pedub One of Us

Some bus help for staying in Sapporo:

1st tip. Everyone has covers/bags over their gear. I think its mostly so that gear doesn't get damaged or damage others gear. If you are like us and don't have a reasonable size bag for a day trip. You can get a cover/sock thing for snowboards from Marusaki sports (Pivot building, Sapporo) near Pole town.

Below the top 4 resorts accessible from Sapporo:
    ---
    Rusutsu - GO FREE Bus. Need to book 5pm the day before at the latest. Link below:
    http://bigruns.com/bussystem/en-rusutsugou.php
    Leaves from outside Gracery hotel next to Lawsons (Rusutsu office there)
    Departs Sapporo 8am, Departs Rusutsu 5pm. Its free for everyone, you don't need to stay at hotel.
    Find the person with the clipboard to check-in then get on the bus
    ---
    Teine Bus. Train to Teine station. Bus leaves every 15 mins.
    Stop located outside Mr Donuts.
    Here: https://www.google.co.nz/maps/@43.1...89pBWV1IptiBBd8oUw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1
    ---
    Kiroro Chuo Bus. Depart Sapporo station. Need to book in advance, although I just turned up without booking and it was OK. Link here: https://www.secure-site.in/ASP/shuttle_bus/kiroro/?
    ---
    Kokusai Daiichi Kanko or Jotetsu Local Bus. Goes from stop 17 in the bus station. Just turn up and pay on the bus. (I see they put the price up this season :mad:)
    [​IMG]
    ---
    Obviously there are also buses to Niseko etc but thats too long for a day trip IMO
    Longest trip above is to Rusutsu, about 2hrs. Arrive back in town at 7pm.
    Plenty to do in Sapporo in the evening or when the snow/weather is no good :thumbs:

#56 pedub, Jan 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
    Heinz and Hyst like this.
  7. pedub

pedub One of Us

Would like to know if there is a public transport option Sapporo to Kamui Links?
    Can be self-driven in easily under 2 hours.
    Would expect a bus to get there in 2 hours at the crazy speeds they seem to drive.

The only option I've seen is train to Asahikawa then local bus... too long for day trip / unnecessary backtracking

8. Heinz

I doubt there would be anything for Kamui from Sapporo with all the options already available from Sapporo as you have listed. Best to just base a few days at a Asahikawa and day trip to Teine and Asahidake.

9. pedub

pedub One of Us

I need to correct above after todays experience. Teine bus does NOT leave every 15 minutes.
    The only useful times are 9.10am (first bus) and 10.15am.
    From Dec 25 till about 2nd week of Jan they also do a 9.40am
    Its 390yen 1-way

I advise timing your train to get you on the 9.10am, you'll be skiing by around 9.45
    Lifts open at 9

There are a lot of other bus options that you have to prebook. Big runs and Hokkaido resort liner etc