1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Jetstar Sale 2019

Discussion in 'Japan' started by LM, May 3, 2018.

1. LM

LM Hard Yards

Just had a look at the Jetstar sale(03/05/18). Flights Melb. Tokyo return are $679 for late Jan. However by the time you add 20Kg luggage and oversize bag it comes to $981.
    Not so cheap after all. Would rather wait for specials from full service airlines.

2. skichanger

skichanger A Local Ski Pass: Gold

Yep that is often the case. And also worth considering whether they fly into Haneda or Narita. Getting to and from anywhere via Haneda is so much cheaper and so much quicker. I can arrive at Haneda early in the morning and be on the slopes by about 9.30am at Madarao. And ski in the morning on the day I leave.

3. M_G

M_G M_G_ = Make skiing great again Ski Pass: Gold

A fare for less than $1,000 with all the boxes ticked is pretty good. Personally if I had dates that suited I'd just lock it in. You can expend an awful lot of energy just trying to save $100-$150 on airfares.

4. Froff Life

Froff Life A Local Ski Pass: Gold

JAL still have sale fares on for well under $1,000. Full service. Get them and f**k Jetstar off for good

MisterMxyzptlk, SnowFlow and Donzah like this.
  5. Donzah

Donzah Old n' Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

IMO if i wanted to visit Tokyo, as a tourist in summer . These fares would be great. $500 return to Narita is a no brainer.
    For ski people. Not so much.

6. Froff Life

Froff Life A Local Ski Pass: Gold

yeah good point, with a carry on bag and the warm Japanese summer it's definitely doable.

Kimski likes this.
  7. Donzah

Donzah Old n' Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

Our last trip to NZ was similar. 600 bucks for three of us to chch. In summer.
    Just took light luggage.

Froff Life likes this.
  8. mannyk

mannyk One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

done J star for the last 5 yrs.. Not again...even when you book and pay for a seats 6 months out, they still fk you around. Next trip out of Bris will be on Q, A330 ,, inc 20 kg baggage.. Happy to pay the little extra if it means getting what I paid for... booked front row exit seats with J star.. but when leaving Narita they had given them to others even when I had the booking confirmation, "sorry sir its a computer problem".. totally pissed off. Leason learned..

9. Zimbooo

Zimbooo One of Us

You won't look back. Very good flight.

MisterMxyzptlk likes this.
  10. bluestick

bluestick One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

As gold coast is close and easy (50 min drive no parking cost direct 9 hr flight ) J* is a bit of a no brainer. We have gone with them numerous times (10+) no problems. Admittedly the deals at winter times are a not so good any more and luggage add ons are definitely higher. Now they charge for skis we take one big ski bag (4 sets of skis) . Also we keep an eye out for the specials but last year with no specials it was $700 return I'm ok with that. $750 for next year. Note: I have no association with j*. Different if GC or Cairns are not your home port.

11. mannyk

mannyk One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

Cooly airport is ony 30min drive for me,, which is why I persisited with J *.. last trip they also changed the flight to go through Cairns, Thats a real PITA,, collect luggage and walk a fair distance with all bags inc ski bag, then line up again, where they charged me eccess, I was correct weight out of cooly, ?? Cairns inc, all carry on inc coats... Not the first year they stuffed me around.. Also the 2 / 4 seat config is a better fit for us... I think if your happpy to sit where ever with out any special seating bookings, but will try out of Brissy..

MisterMxyzptlk likes this.
  12. churchy

churchy One of Us

This is the correct answer. Unfortunately, I never seem to have the leave or the cash burning holes in my pockets to get to take a sneaky summer trip to japan. If i do, I'll probably want to take a bike and then I'll need to pay luggage and I'll be in the same predicament all over again...

13. dbc33

dbc33 Hard Yards

flight centre is doing a sale with jstar at the moment as well, $607 return with dates from 16th of January. But I think I'll stick with ANA....

14. Mils

Mils One of Us

yeah I got it for $560 playing around with the booking thing today with no addons yet as need to add board and luggage.... do you need to get plus addon to get frequent flyer points for international jetstar flights? I know you do for local.

15. oldgeezer

oldgeezer One of Us Ski Pass: Silver

Hot and humid isn't it at that time of year, decent air-con is a must. I remember we had a Japanese girls as an exchange student for a couple of weeks in July, took her to Selwyn even. She was ever so grateful to be in Canberra mid winter than at home in Osaka. Our daughter stayed with the family the next year on the way too Europe and they were very considerate, letting her have the only bedroom in the house with an air-conditioner. Had a great time though, having local connections always helps.

Yes indeed. We were booked from Sydney to Gold Coast onto Osaka and they contacted us just a few days out to say they'd cancelled the flight from Sydney and re-booked us onto the day after, that would have screwed up our stopover in Japan to see the family on the way to Canada (on a pre squish class AC 777). Luckily when I called to ask them to make it the day before then they did. We did StarClass, on QFF points and it was Ok, not Business but a bit better than PE is how I felt. Another little piece of luck was a 'bank error in your favour' bonus - we then received QFF points for the miles, a system glitch I am sure, maybe it was being a one way flight which threw them. They never deducted them as being in error. I've never thought to press that luck again.