Predictions June 14th - 18th

Discussion in 'Alpine & Snow' started by Astro66, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Claude Cat

Claude Cat On my bike Moderator Ski Pass: Platinum

Colder 500 hPa temps from about 4pm, but 850 hPas don't get down to zero until around midnight from mid-morning GFS run. Not sure we'll be seeing snow down to 1100m until late tonight or early am tomorrow. IMO

2. DidSurfNowSki

DidSurfNowSki One of them Ski Pass: Gold

Still don't see any sheep graziers alerts. BoM isn't too worried about cold temps.

3. Astro66

Astro66 Still looking for a park in Thredbo

Yesterday the charts showed cold pool arriving in avro in NSW.

I'm at work and cannot access the charts I need to make a reasonable prediction.

But at this range, CC is usually spot on.

Claude Cat likes this.
  4. DidSurfNowSki

DidSurfNowSki One of them Ski Pass: Gold

http://www.news.com.au/travel/trave...cross-the-tasman/story-e6frfqdr-1227404268277

Charlotte Pass in NSW will open tomorrow and, with the predicted snowfalls over the coming days, Selwyn shouldn’t be too far away either.

The top-up for which all Aussie snow lovers had their fingers crossed arrives today, with up to 15cm of the white stuff expected in most resorts. There’ll be the almost Aussie-standard prefrontal rain, but it shouldn’t do too much damage to the snow pack.

There’s the potential for another 10-20cm of snow on Monday as the moisture feed moves north-westerly, prompting some colder conditions. This augers well for snow-making in the days after too.