June 2021 - Forums XF 2.0 Upgrade. File your complaints & bug reports here.

Richard

Maintenance Dept
Administrator
Mar 14, 1995
Newcastle
It’s css breakpoint based on pixel width. As you say. It’s at tablet breakpoint.

kneebone shinbone stuff. If I adjust for 12 max I risk inconvenience for tablets. Needs a conditional on the detected device. Above my css/jscript pay grade.

that said. It may be possible with tweaks as Kylep says, but it’s back burner stuff - still some criticals to iron out.

KylePee

Cage rattler
Ski Pass
Feb 10, 2012
Jumped the wall to Mexico
Does the new iPad mini have the notch?
It's a iPad mini 4. Notches are only on iphone. Just mentioned the ipad as I can easily compare
I mostly only use landscape for shooting or viewing photos/video, but actually think the solve is worse than the problem with the notch when viewing the forum on landscape. All that lost real estate. Sample of 1 and all that...

currawong

Old but not so Crusty
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley
It’s css breakpoint based on pixel width. As you say. It’s at tablet breakpoint.

kneebone shinbone stuff. If I adjust for 12 max I risk inconvenience for tablets. Needs a conditional on the detected device. Above my css/jscript pay grade.
I hate css.

I don't do much of it so have to relearn the same stuff. it tends to take me hours to find the one line that needs a simple change

KylePee

Cage rattler
Ski Pass
Feb 10, 2012
One to add to the log. There used to be something showing how many more posts were on subsequent pages when reading through a thread. Very handy when deciding whether you had time (or could deal with) going to the next page or to come back later. Might be a small one

Reactions: cold wombat
Jun 18, 2021
Needs screenshot
It’s the same in this thread.
Not especially clear that it’s dimmed, but nothing happens when I touch the icon.

BD9FA744-524E-4724-938A-DCBB9AF3428F.jpeg

on iphone 12 pro max, ios 14.6, Safari

Doonks

Let's cook!
Ski Pass
Jul 17, 2000
Mulgrave, VICTORIA
I've lost track of what has and hasn't been posted here, but the text editor tools above seem to not have a colour picker on mobile.

cold wombat

Twitter Contributer
Jun 4, 2008
Perth
Also I am EXTREMELY appreciative of the new functionality where you click on a previously read thread in 'Active Topics' with no new posts and it takes you to the last post instead of the first. That was mildly rage inducing.
So with you on that. All the way.

Reactions: crackson

Richard

Maintenance Dept
Administrator
Mar 14, 1995
Newcastle
I've lost track of what has and hasn't been posted here, but the text editor tools above seem to not have a colour picker on mobile.
Damn right. People keep choosing colours that suit the theme they are in and look shit in the opposite theme (dark/light)

I should just remove the feature altogether- it’s a bloody pest that ends up creating upgrade bugs and shite bb code that breaks three years later. .

Doonks

Let's cook!
Ski Pass
Jul 17, 2000
Mulgrave, VICTORIA
Damn right. People keep choosing colours that suit the theme they are in and look shit in the opposite theme (dark/light)

I should just remove the feature altogether- it’s a bloody pest that ends up creating upgrade bugs and shite bb code that breaks three years later. .
I didn't think the UBB Tag has changed in decades.

This is a test sentence colour coded via manually input colour HEX code #0000FF from the colour picker, but the actual Tags are [ COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 255) ] <text> [ /COLOR ] (without the spaces immediately at the hard brackets

cold wombat

Twitter Contributer
Jun 4, 2008
Perth
I didn't think the UBB Tag has changed in decades.

This is a test sentence colour coded via manually input colour HEX code #0000FF from the colour picker, but the actual Tags are [ COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 255) ] <text> [ /COLOR ] (without the spaces immediately at the hard brackets
May you die by a thousand cuts in the dark theme.

Having said that, colour *is* useful when done properly. Just put enough friction that it isn't used lightly.

chriscross

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 1, 2005
The Foothills
Small biscuits but in the past, a Private Message would show up in one's email inbox. That no longer happens. Is this just a side effect of upgrade? Is it permanent or will that small but handy feature be restored?

KylePee

Cage rattler
Ski Pass
Feb 10, 2012
I use it pretty much exclusively to make a Mod statement when I want high confidence that it will be seen
Is there a highlight option as well? For such a use, getting the right font+highlight colour would solve. Else, do that stupid facebook thing where you create an image with the text in it and post that!

Reactions: Doonks

crackson

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Oct 20, 2006
Snowy Mountains
Small biscuits but in the past, a Private Message would show up in one's email inbox. That no longer happens. Is this just a side effect of upgrade? Is it permanent or will that small but handy feature be restored?

It still does. I got one today.

Check your notification settings in your account. It may have been flicked off by accident.

Reactions: Richard

nezumi

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 28, 2009
Melbourne
Not sure if this one's come through already, but on the dark theme when someone links to a Facebook post, the whole thing comes through as black text on a dark grey background, rendering it unreadable:

1624501036189.png

Reactions: Richard

Richard

Maintenance Dept
Administrator
Mar 14, 1995
Newcastle
Not sure if this one's come through already, but on the dark theme when someone links to a Facebook post, the whole thing comes through as black text on a dark grey background, rendering it unreadable:

1624501036189.png
Ahhh

I’ve seen something somewhere in the config about ‘force white background on Facebook’ Now I know why.

Will update next time I see it.

thanks

davidg

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 4, 2009
Lower BM's
Hey @Richard was able to post in Apres earlier this morning. Now getting this message and no longer have posting privileges for Apres or Pavillion topics? Paid for a subscription via Paypal (auto-renew) on the 24/06/21 so it shouldn't have expired.

1624666671588.png

Richard

Maintenance Dept
Administrator
Mar 14, 1995
Newcastle
Hey @Richard was able to post in Apres earlier this morning. Now getting this message and no longer have posting privileges for Apres or Pavillion topics? Paid for a subscription via Paypal (auto-renew) on the 24/06/21 so it shouldn't have expired.

1624666671588.png
PayPal is driving me nuts. Let me look at it this afternoon. In meantime I’ll give you access

davidg

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 4, 2009
Lower BM's
No probs, thanks! Seems I'm going to be utilising my sub even more than usual the next 2 weeks :rolleyes:

cold wombat

Twitter Contributer
Jun 4, 2008
Perth
Just discovered a new feature by accident. If you tap the "X of Y" page count at the top or bottom of the page you can say what page number you want to go to.

Reactions: crackson

skifree

A disciple of the blessed avi giraffe
Ski Pass
Jul 13, 1998
Middle Oz
Any way we can see more threads on Active Threads without hitting the Show More button stupidly located at the bottom of the list?

skifree

A disciple of the blessed avi giraffe
Ski Pass
Jul 13, 1998
Middle Oz
And chance of changing or personalising the Lightning Bolt to Latest Posts in lieu of Active Topics?

Marty McSly

A brick propping up the furniture
Ski Pass
Jul 12, 2011
Hunter Valley Whine Country, NSW
Any way we can see more threads on Active Threads without hitting the Show More button stupidly located at the bottom of the list?
Until Richard comes up with a permanent friction-free solution, after tapping the lightning bolt and as soon as Active Topics loads, I tap Latest Posts to get the full page of threads before starting to scroll down. Xenforo theme, Android phone.

Yes I know it's 2 taps, but it's less frustrating than tapping Show More at the bottom of the page, only to have it reload a whole page rather than just unrolling more threads

CarveMan

I Never Slice
Ski Pass
May 12, 2000
Les Hautes Montagnes
aussieskier.com
Until Richard comes up with a permanent friction-free solution, after tapping the lightning bolt and as soon as Active Topics loads, I tap Latest Posts to get the full page of threads before starting to scroll down. Xenforo theme, Android phone.

Yes I know it's 2 taps, but it's less frustrating than tapping Show More at the bottom of the page, only to have it reload a whole page rather than just unrolling more threads
I do the same. At least the forum upgrades means it loads fast af so it’s not the worst thing to have to do.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Learn how membership works on these forums
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass