Kids SNOW FEST & jnr races - Sat 16th August 2008

keen skier

First Runs
Jul 3, 2002
Turners Beach. Tas
The planning is well under way for our second Kids SNOW FEST but this year it will be combined with the junior races on Saturday 16th August. (I am only organising the kids fest side of it.)

Children need to be in fancy dress to be eligible for prizes which will be drawn by lucky draw so every child has an equal chance to win. (I'd love to see adults in fancy dress too!)
party.gif

Entry is by gold coin donation which will go to Ski Patrol (along with food sales proceeds).

The major prize is a 2009 Childs Season Pass. Some other prizes consist of a 2009 All Parks National Park Pass,toboggan, goretex gloves, hire packages, surf brand beanies, headlamps, gift vouchers and more.

There will be a sausage sizzle and soft drinks available for $1 each.

Fancy dress prize draw will be held at 3.15pm at Ski Patrol, followed by a lolly scramble.

The junior races registration is at 9am at the Felix Race Hut and prize presentation will be held at NTAC at 5pm.

Now lets pray for heaps of snow!!! Hopefully the gnome will make another appearance on the day too.

If you can help with sponsorship (whether it be cash or prizes), please contact Ali at swampy@southcom.com.au All sponsors will be listed on posters. See you then!

Last edited by a moderator:

paddington

First Runs
Jul 7, 2007
Re: Kids SNOW FEST & jnr races - Sat 16th August 2008

"LOST" from outside Rumdoodle Saturday night, Sunday morning, kids toboggan, one a kind, please return by pm Friday, no questions will be asked.

Bulldozer

First Runs
Aug 15, 2006
Ben Lomond

Hey Paddington any hints as to what it looks like so we can get the stakk and regs on the hill to keep an eye out
BD

paddington

First Runs
Jul 7, 2007

hey to you too Bulldozer.

have sent a description to your home email address, hope you got it.

the way i see it at the moment who ever borrowed it, knows where it came from and what it looks like!!!

thanks for keepng your eye out, lets hope it turns up.

cheers

Edelweiss

First Runs
Jul 7, 2008
clap.gif
Kids SNOW FEST and Junior Races are now only two weeks away! I've been speaking with the race organisers and yes, there will be a snowboard race too! Colin has also organised a live band at the Creek Inn for Sat night. The snow has come...and more is on the way so the weekend is shaping up to be huge! I really hope someone will bring up a gnome to visit us on the day. Rovers are once again donating the sausages and bread for the barbeque but we are looking for someone (or another club) to donate tomato sauce and 1 or 2 bags of sliced onions. If you can help, please contact me at swampy@southcom.com.au Hope to see you there! Ali (previously known as keen skier)

icemama

First Runs
Aug 11, 2008

On the GNOME topic I suspect a snow gnome is on the way. What I do know for SURE is that a VISITING GNOME is coming from PORT ARTHUR as he heard that there was fun n games on the mountain and had to be in on it !!!

Legges Tor

Hard Yards
Aug 16, 2007
The Junior Races have been postponed until tomorrow (Sunday 17th August) same start time. The course is being set now by Will Gordon. Go to Toorbunna's website for full details http://www.toorbunna.org.au

Legges Tor

Hard Yards
Aug 16, 2007

Despite the bad weather on Saturday, the weekend was a great success, it was a pity the gnome lost it's head.
Many thanks to Ali & Steve for organising the Snow Fest and to Sebastian for the Junior Races.
The Junior Races results can be found here
http://www.toorbunna.org.au/Documents/BLJR/results_2008.html
If you would like to send me photos of the Snow Fest or the Races I will put them on a website just email them to juniorraces@toorbunna.org.au

Tim

Edelweiss

First Runs
Jul 7, 2008
Despite Ben Lomond turning on some of the worst weather I've seen in 20 years
tantrum.gif
(-10 degrees and strong winds ... but at least we had visibility!!!, ) SNOW FEST was a great success and I would like to thank everyone who braved the weather.
clap.gif
We had 75 children in fancy dress plus those who didn't dress up. All children went home with at least a show bag and those who made the effort to dress up, received a prize as well. Thanks to Rovers for the huge effort of cooking 300 sausages! The day raised aprx $400.00 and was topped off by a happy hour/s!! at Rovers and a great band at Creek Inn. These funds will be donated to Ben Lomond Ski Patrol.

I think everyone was pleased to see a new gnome on the mountain
thumbsup.gif
but unfortunately he had already lost his head by the end of the day!!!
mrbang.gif
Luckily I found a gnome at Bunnings on the way home (donated to Ben Lomond kids by SNOWFEST) which we will fill with cement, ready for his first visit to Ben Lomond this weekend. (I hope this one lasts longer than one day as they are getting harder and harder to find!)

Transferring the races to the Sunday proved to be a good choice (with 60 children competing) and therefore in 2009 I hope to hold the Races and SNOWFEST over 2 days again. I am also hoping to bring back the Dash 4 Cash and Chinese Downhill for the adults. To do this I anticipate I will need 8 donations of $100 for prize money (for male winner/ female/ skis/ snowboard). If your business can help with sponsorship, please let me know. The event is becoming better known with 2 radio interviews this year, newspaper exposure and a friend even managed to get it on Southern Cross' weather report this year for me. All sponsors are named on the posters advertising the event and if I had a major sponsor to cover all or one of the main events (say the Dash 4 Cash) - it could be called the (for e.g.) Woolworths Dash 4 Cash. Please consider if you can help or know someone who may be interested. You can e-mail me at swampy@southcom.com.au

I would like to thank the following sponsors:
Alpine Enterprises
ANZ Bank (Dvpt)
Ben Lomond Snow Sports
Alan & Fiona Gray
Tas Rovers Ski Club
Jindabyne Sports
Launceston Sport & Surf
Pitt & Sherry (Dvpt)
Beach Beat
Parks & Wildlife Service
Ski Patrol
Midland Tractors (John Deere)
Chickenfeed
Birchalls
Snowgum Devonport
Creek Inn
B & E
Leedon
Crisp family – Rumdoodle
Brennen family – Toorbunna
Winkler family - Kunama
Skigia
Allgoods
Canoe ‘n’ Surf
Darrell Lea
Robert Prescott & Associates
Centre-Care Pharmacy

*Thanks also to Rocky
Findlater & Ben Kuiper.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

snow groper

Hard Yards
Oct 15, 2006
Nomadic

Big shout out and thanks to Ali for all her hard work over the past year to organise the fun day. Hopefully next year will be sunnier!

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass