Trip Report Kletterer DidSurfNowSki in AUSTRIA - Jan 2022

Kletterer

Thredbo Doughnut Tragic
Nov 26, 2014
Canberra
Once again back to visit my 2 most previously visited areas .
Wheels up tomorrow 4 10 pm
Week 1 Arlberg region
Week 2 and 3 in Saalbach- Hinterglemm- Fieberbrunn - Zell Am See ( SKICIRCUS )
Taking my lovely lady with me for our second ski holiday .
2nd Quiver of light fat tourers + ultralight boots in the ski bag.
Forecast looks very good for a nice playing surface on arrival.
Chose self catering option this time for obvious reasons. Good opportunity to improve my Gulaschsuppe skills. Have a hire car so might have a wander over to Rauris or Kaprun/ Kitz and catch up with some old freinds as well. @blueandwhite - a few turns at some stage a must do if you are still there after 15th. Oh and that ol WA Surfer might get himself over as well.

Kletterer

Thredbo Doughnut Tragic
Nov 26, 2014
Canberra
Snowing in Munich and pretty much all the way to St Anton. Tricky driving conditions. Groceries shopping done. Straight into a Fleischwurst Semmel mit senf and having a Sudtirolian wine now. Fresh snow on the hills . Too late to head out and I am too tired anyway. Will utilise a grape derivative from Bozen as a sleeping tablet and attempt to reduce the impact of Jetlag.

Kletterer

Thredbo Doughnut Tragic
Nov 26, 2014
Canberra
IMG_0580.jpg
IMG_0586.jpg

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

blueandwhite

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 26, 2016
TQY
Knee deep + in some steep treed gullies off skiroiute 54 Galzig- bloody well sensational. Snowing all day. Poor visibility early in the day. Led @LisaQ astray and ended up on the Black Piste Kandahar but she survived it with some coaching/coaxing :) Still quite a few Brits here
20220109_115224.jpg
Looks great, and looks like you have had way more snow than over here at Zell. Enjoy! And also bring your luck to Saalbach please!

Kletterer

Thredbo Doughnut Tragic
Nov 26, 2014
Canberra
Stayed cold today . Excellent snow conditions but not the best visibility up high. Did a few runs with @LisaQ then went searching for some offpiste pow around the Kapall area. Mattunjoch was in prime condition. Not many people about so there was still plenty of field work to be done. Legs are toast now. Having an original Czech Budweiser Lager . Its snowing again. No photos sorry as my phone went flat due to very cold conditions.

Kletterer

Thredbo Doughnut Tragic
Nov 26, 2014
Canberra
Hey K, what is you go-to weather site for Euro snow?

We're skiing in Switzerland now and will be for a few weeks. Arosa today was -15C up top and felt colder.
But looking to roam after that and I like the look of ^^
And here- Meteograms are in the Diagrams section- Its GFS but I find it to reasonably good to watch on a day by day basis for Europe. It will wobble around a bit until the date gets closer

Reactions: bluestick

Kletterer

Thredbo Doughnut Tragic
Nov 26, 2014
Canberra
Epic bluebird powder day. Went to the highest part of Lech ( Zuger Hochlicht) and traversed out wide skiers right- lapping the powder fields. Then went into the wilderness out under Mohenfluh and on to the amazing Rinderalpe , traversing to the base of Sonnenjet which takes you up to Saloberkopf above Warth. As good as it gets and an adventurous journey. Photos to come . Note that for others wanting to do the Rinderalp it is a serious undertaking and i suggest getting a guide or really know the area well .

Rabid K9

A Local
Ski Pass
Jul 15, 2008
Epic bluebird powder day. Went to the highest part of Lech ( Zuger Hochlicht) and traversed out wide skiers right- lapping the powder fields. Then went into the wilderness out under Mohenfluh and on to the amazing Rinderalpe , traversing to the base of Sonnenjet which takes you up to Saloberkopf above Warth. As good as it gets and an adventurous journey. Photos to come . Note that for others wanting to do the Rinderalp it is a serious undertaking and i suggest getting a guide or really know the area well .

F##K!!

It is always bluebird in WA, just the wrong kind. I cut metal & welded in the blazing sun & got face shots of hot metal swarf. It was not epic.

Kletterer

Thredbo Doughnut Tragic
Nov 26, 2014
Canberra
20220111_115153.jpg

On the way to Rinderalpe.Lines on the left are heading back to Lech. Ones on the right go to where I am standing . This is just the first little section. The best and steepest terrain is still to come. I didnt stop for picks after that sorry.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass