1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Kneepads

Discussion in 'Backcountry' started by Mr Bent Knee, Aug 22, 2005.

1. Mr Bent Knee

Mr Bent Knee First Runs

We got some into the shop the other day and I was trying them on. They are the Black Diamond Telekinesis ones....ghey or not?

I was having flashbacks of "The Telemark Movie" and "Revenge of the Telemarkers"....

Who wears them (I know a certain Hotham telemarker wears them when I last felt him up) and must you wear lycra and gaitors with them?

-Dr Smoove-

2. Chudak

Chudak First Runs

I used to use kneepads--cheap volleyball ones, rather than these presumably overpriced copies--when I was skiing on BD Polar Stars with NNN-BC bindings. At that stage I had made the decision that I was willing to risk being called ghey to avoid smashing the edges of my knee-caps against the edges of the skis ever again--it's really a little bit agonising when you do it the fourth or fifth time in a day.

I don't wear them now because the problem seems to have resolved itself through technique improvements (less likely) and gear changes (highly likely). Plus I was getting some rather odd tan lines from wearing them while skiing in shorts.

Lycra is essential.

3. simo_tele

simo_tele One of Us

I found some telekinesis pads for cheap at the start of the season so figured that I may aswell pick them up.
    I've skiied with them for 14 days and am very happy. Once you figure out how tight you need to wear them you forget that they are on. Very comfy, light, dont lead to a build-up of moisture or anything like that.

As far as I know I've had only one or 2 incidents where I hit my knee this season (one in a fall with my pole finding its way under my knee and one on a rock at buller last friday). I don't wear any lycra under them but I guess that's personal preference.

Simon
    Ps......Please wear them on the inside :p