Snow Report Lake Mountain 2017 - Trip Reports, Pics & Conditions

Discussion in 'Lake Mountain' started by D-eye, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Equus

Equus Hard Yards

That's FAB re Season But PANTS That You Are Now Un-Well...
    GET WELL SOON!!!!

teckel likes this.
  2. Mister Tee on XC Skis

Ski Pass: Silver

It has been a good but late starting season. It has got me onto XC skis and away from plodding on snow shoes so expect at least 5 LM trips next year from me in 2018 . :). I am off to scout out the sneaky way up to the Boundary hut ruins from Keppel's hut next month. I have been up that way before but not coming in from Buxton and the Mt. Margaret road. Forum Member BOGONG has alluded to this cost saving measure.

3. teckel

teckel Old n' Crusty
    Ski Pass: Gold

Returning customers today without exception were very happy. Skiers had to walk to Helicopter Flat but then skied on good quality snow in t-shirts. Snow players likewise reported the toboggan runs were still good particularly Koala Creek. So, if you're still humming and haa-ing get up there before it all melts! And Mystic Mountains Ski Hire in Narbethong is open every day until the end of the season.

EquatorBunny and BillyKidd like this.
  4. teckel

teckel Old n' Crusty

LM reduced the gate entry to $30 yesterday, but skiing only to be had on the upper trails. This morning however, I've noticed that they have the fan guns operating on the main toboggan run, so it seems the season is not quite over yet.

EquatorBunny likes this.
  5. teckel

teckel Old n' Crusty

Free resort entry this weekend.
    I suspect this will be the last weekend for 2017.

Chaeron likes this.
  6. EquatorBunny

EquatorBunny Hard Yards

I think it had been a fantastic season! A slow start but surely picked up. Mr EB and I spent more weekends there this year than the past 2/3 years (each year). LM is an easy 1.5hrs drive for us and hopefully, the global warming won't be too fast to destroy the winter season.
    We enjoyed the conversation with fellow skiers at LM. Always happy and smiley on sunny days. :)

See you all in 2018!

skimax and Chaeron like this.