Please note variations to earlier notification:

* No prebooking required
* Gates remain open
* No shuttle service
* BBQ remained closed
Lake Mountain Alpine Resort Update – October 2020
Resort Update issued at 9:44 on Monday 5/10/2020
Resort Update

Lake Mountain Alpine Resort proposes the following approach for resort access, in line with the recent Victorian Government announcement that as of 11:59pm on Wednesday 16 September regional Victoria will move to the Third Step of the roadmap for reopening.
https://www.vic.gov.au/coronavirus-covid-19-restrictions-roadmaps.
The reopening of Lake Mountain to regional Victorians is from Saturday 3 October, following Third Step restrictions and staff capacity.
The SARMB COVIDSafe Plan will continue to operate across the resort, and the new LM Information Centre based in Marysville following defined protocols related to controlled resort access, building density quotients, gatherings, physical distancing, cleaning, PPE and signage.
Saturday 3 October:
Gates re-open to the resort from 8.30am on Saturday 3 October.
Visitation is restricted to regional Victorians. In line with other DELWP and Parks Victoria and National Parks.
The Lake Mountain Visitor Information Centre based in Marysville will also be opened daily for Information, MTB hire daily from 8.30am – 4.30pm.
The Mountain Bike shuttle service is closed in line with current restrictions and will be reviewed as these change.
Contractor access permits will continue to be implemented in line with COVIDSafe Plan.
Limited facilities available:

* Public bathrooms will be re-opened with health and hygiene protocols in place.
* Trails will be re-opened to the public. (These will be identified at the time as trail clearing is continuing to clear winter debris).
* Lower Cascade trail will be fully operational. (Upper MBT network Trails available subject to clearance works).
* No MTB shuttles are currently available.
* No food and beverage will be available during this staged opening
* BBQ areas remain closed
Download the COVIDSafe app. Slow the spread. Save lives. Visit the Victorian Government’s website for current information and updates: www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au<http://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au> or call the coronavirus hotline on 1800 675 398 (24 hours).
Resort Road and Access Conditions
Lake Mountain Road will be opened for people living in regional Victoria from 3 October 2020 from 08:30.
Gates will remain open.
Refer VICROADS website https://traffic.vicroads.vic.gov.au/ for updated access road conditions.<Refer%20VICROADS%20%20website%20https:/traffic.vicroads.vic.gov.au/%20for%20updated%20access%20road%20conditions.>

CarveMan

I Never Slice
Ski Pass
May 12, 2000
Les Hautes Montagnes
aussieskier.com
I've just had the following email (sent 15 mins ago):
Please note variations to earlier notification:

* No prebooking required
* Gates remain open
* No shuttle service
* BBQ remained closed
Lake Mountain Alpine Resort Update – October 2020
Resort Update issued at 9:44 on Monday 5/10/2020
Resort Update

Lake Mountain Alpine Resort proposes the following approach for resort access, in line with the recent Victorian Government announcement that as of 11:59pm on Wednesday 16 September regional Victoria will move to the Third Step of the roadmap for reopening.
https://www.vic.gov.au/coronavirus-covid-19-restrictions-roadmaps.
The reopening of Lake Mountain to regional Victorians is from Saturday 3 October, following Third Step restrictions and staff capacity.
The SARMB COVIDSafe Plan will continue to operate across the resort, and the new LM Information Centre based in Marysville following defined protocols related to controlled resort access, building density quotients, gatherings, physical distancing, cleaning, PPE and signage.
Saturday 3 October:
Gates re-open to the resort from 8.30am on Saturday 3 October.
Visitation is restricted to regional Victorians. In line with other DELWP and Parks Victoria and National Parks.
The Lake Mountain Visitor Information Centre based in Marysville will also be opened daily for Information, MTB hire daily from 8.30am – 4.30pm.
The Mountain Bike shuttle service is closed in line with current restrictions and will be reviewed as these change.
Contractor access permits will continue to be implemented in line with COVIDSafe Plan.
Limited facilities available:

* Public bathrooms will be re-opened with health and hygiene protocols in place.
* Trails will be re-opened to the public. (These will be identified at the time as trail clearing is continuing to clear winter debris).
* Lower Cascade trail will be fully operational. (Upper MBT network Trails available subject to clearance works).
* No MTB shuttles are currently available.
* No food and beverage will be available during this staged opening
* BBQ areas remain closed
Download the COVIDSafe app. Slow the spread. Save lives. Visit the Victorian Government’s website for current information and updates: www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au<http://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au> or call the coronavirus hotline on 1800 675 398 (24 hours).
Resort Road and Access Conditions
Lake Mountain Road will be opened for people living in regional Victoria from 3 October 2020 from 08:30.
Gates will remain open.
Refer VICROADS website https://traffic.vicroads.vic.gov.au/ for updated access road conditions.<Refer%20VICROADS%20%20website%20https:/traffic.vicroads.vic.gov.au/%20for%20updated%20access%20road%20conditions.>
I want to check out the MTB trails, I’ll do that and say G’Day as soon as I’m allowed.

Mister Tee on XC Skis

Not your average unconventional eccentric.
Ski Pass
Jul 29, 2015
Melbourne, Lockdown-i-stan .
soundcloud.com
The whole of the Upper Taggerty Track from end to end has been mechanically cleared. It is a thing of wonder!. The Keppel's hut 4 x 4 track from Upper Taggerty track junction to the hut itself is closed and being bulldozed, the shoulders of the track are being flailed and all fallen timber has been mechanically cut and removed from the carriageway . It is amazing!

Ubiquitous Steve

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 29, 2008
We might be able to suggest the dozer comes back to civilization via Boundary Track!With UT Rd cleared they now have a really good route for hikers,management/fire vehicles,and mountain bikes......it is a really good route and provides good access into a wonderful forest with gullies and creeks and large trees!
So they removed those monster logs and the one we scrambled around the root ball of?
Excellent.....good to see the DSE doing wonderful works!

Mister Tee on XC Skis

Ski Pass
Jul 29, 2015
soundcloud.com
We might be able to suggest the dozer comes back to civilization via Boundary Track!With UT Rd cleared they now have a really good route for hikers,management/fire vehicles,and mountain bikes......it is a really good route and provides good access into a wonderful forest with gullies and creeks and large trees!
So they removed those monster logs and the one we scrambled around the root ball of?
Excellent.....good to see the DSE doing wonderful works!
DEWLP have worked wonders. All huge trees have been removed. In fact I scarcely saw a twig on the carriage ways! With a proper Low dump of snow the UT rd. could be XC skiable from end to end :).

Ubiquitous Steve

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 29, 2008
DEWLP have worked wonders. All huge trees have been removed. In fact I scarcely saw a twig on the carriage ways! With a proper Low dump of snow the UT rd. could be XC skiable from end to end :).
I wonder if they are planning to open it for traffic?With it’s management gates in it provides a nice enjoyable wander on a well aligned gentle sloping road .I think I like it with no cars .....just my bikes.

Mister Tee on XC Skis

Ski Pass
Jul 29, 2015
soundcloud.com
I wonder if they are planning to open it for traffic?With it’s management gates in it provides a nice enjoyable wander on a well aligned gentle sloping road .I think I like it with no cars .....just my bikes.
Perhaps with LM getting very pro active about courting the Mtn Bike visitation dollar in green season, maybe they have raised a hue and cry to DEWLP to fix the UT rd. so that the Mtn Bikers and hikers have more options.

Reactions: Ubiquitous Steve

Ubiquitous Steve

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 29, 2008
Oh it’s a good use of resources....the visitor no’s will increase.Now they can take a long walk or ride through the tall forests with creeks to drink from in summer.It’s also firefighting infra structure .I wonder if they are thinking of opening it to vehicles .Round loop from Lake Mt to Mt Margaret.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass