Lake Mountain closed until end of 2020 snow season

Mister Tee on XC Skis

Not your average unconventional eccentric.
Ski Pass
Jul 29, 2015
Melbourne, Lockdown-i-stan .
soundcloud.com
Looking forward to trying out some of the MTB trails around lake Mt this summer,
hopefully they get that running soon.
If the Team leader can get around to it then the Upper Taggerty road will be cleared , again, and become Mtn. bike friendly soon. These windy days will have brought down some widow maker trees along that management track.

nezumi

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 28, 2009
Melbourne
Yes, I was there too when they announced the early closure. My friends and I have been planning to go to a ski resort for a long time, it was my dream to go skiing and snowboarding. I've never done this before. About half a year we agreed on this trip, we went to the Blue House Skis and chose Lake Mountain,I was so happy when we arrived there. But Lake Mountain reported the closure ahead of schedule. I was so upset,I had been planning this trip for so long and we couldn't enjoy it. How tired I am of this coronavirus, how I hope that it will disappear soon. Good health to all of you guys. I hope the pandemic will end soon.

Wow! Not only did you necro a thread from a year ago, you link to a website that doesn't even cover Australian resorts, then say that you found Lake Mountain (an XC ski area that definitely wouldn't appear on a curated list of the best downhill resorts) there? Unless you are a teen or younger, you wouldn't have been doing any snowboarding at Lake Mountain.

So, has an early closure been announced or is this a joke?

This is from June last year. No announcement has been made for the current year, as yet.

Reactions: snowgum

Mister Tee on XC Skis

Not your average unconventional eccentric.
Ski Pass
Jul 29, 2015
Melbourne, Lockdown-i-stan .
soundcloud.com
Yes, I was there too when they announced the early closure. My friends and I have been planning to go to a ski resort for a long time, it was my dream to go skiing and snowboarding. I've never done this before. About half a year we agreed on this trip, we went to the Blue House Skis and chose Lake Mountain,I was so happy when we arrived there. But Lake Mountain reported the closure ahead of schedule. I was so upset,I had been planning this trip for so long and we couldn't enjoy it. How tired I am of this coronavirus, how I hope that it will disappear soon. Good health to all of you guys. I hope the pandemic will end soon.
I am sorry you missed out on XC skiing at LM. The Virus is a real PITA. I won't be missing it once we move into a "living with Covid " reality.

I made it up there to ski at LM in April and May 2021 in between lockdowns before you had to pay the declared XC ski season entry fee.
Have a look at Mt. Stirling. If you get up early and reside in in regional Vic. then you should be able to visit Mt. Stirling , hire XC ski gear at Mt. Stirling, have a XC ski lesson and glide about for a day on the easy lower mountain trails . Early next week looks like there will be proper snow down to 800 M. falling Vic..
There is still enough snow up near the Boundary Hut trail to ski on. The back route to ski at LM coming via the Mt. Margaret gap/ Blue Range road/ Boundary Track/ Keppel's hut track and the foot route up to the Hut trail is good, but not for XC ski newbies.

Richard

Maintenance Dept
Administrator
Mar 14, 1995
Clarence Town
I am sorry you missed out on XC skiing at LM. The Virus is a real PITA. I won't be missing it once we move into a "living with Covid " reality.

I made it up there to ski at LM in April and May 2021 in between lockdowns before you had to pay the declared XC ski season entry fee.
Have a look at Mt. Stirling. If you get up early and reside in in regional Vic. then you should be able to visit Mt. Stirling , hire XC ski gear at Mt. Stirling, have a XC ski lesson and glide about for a day on the easy lower mountain trails . Early next week looks like there will be proper snow down to 800 M. falling Vic..
There is still enough snow up near the Boundary Hut trail to ski on. The back route to ski at LM coming via the Mt. Margaret gap/ Blue Range road/ Boundary Track/ Keppel's hut track and the foot route up to the Hut trail is good, but not for XC ski newbies.

Dude, you replied to spam. Spam is as spam does. So I nuked the spam from orbit.

• Haha
Reactions: Skiain and nezumi

Richard

Maintenance Dept
Administrator
Mar 14, 1995
Clarence Town
Wow! Not only did you necro a thread from a year ago, you link to a website that doesn't even cover Australian resorts, then say that you found Lake Mountain (an XC ski area that definitely wouldn't appear on a curated list of the best downhill resorts) there? Unless you are a teen or younger, you wouldn't have been doing any snowboarding at Lake Mountain.

There was something about that post that made me think it was entirely AI.

AI signed up,
AI found a thread that matched a sentiment it was looking for
AI posted a new post with spam link with conversational copy driven by AI.

• Wow
Reactions: nezumi and snowgum

snowgum

A Local
Ski Pass
May 4, 1999
vic
There was something about that post that made me think it was entirely AI.

AI signed up,
AI found a thread that matched a sentiment it was looking for
AI posted a new post with spam link with conversational copy driven by AI.

Richard, thanks for your work on behalf of the real human beings (skiers etc…) in this community.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass