Lake mountain snow gone? :(

ih8parties

First Runs
Aug 29, 2007
I was planning a trip to lake mountain in about a weeks time, but from what I can see all the snow is gone
frown.gif
I was hoping to do some tobogganing.

Is there much chance of any snow fall over the next week? I'm hoping there will be and the toboggan run will be re-open. What are my chances?

Alternatively, if there is still no snow in a week, would mount baw baw be an option?

Last edited by a moderator:

Alex.C

One of Us
Oct 14, 2003
Canmore
A week from now, ie next wednesday looks like there could be a decent amount of snow again at Lake Mountain, + possibly good weather on that particular day..

ih8parties

First Runs
Aug 29, 2007
Great, so its not the end of the snow season for lake mountain yet?

I don't know much about snow, but is one day of snowing sufficient for tobogganing? or does it take a while for the snow to settle or something and become hard?

For example, if it snowed a decent amount on tuesday next week after having no snow, would this be ok for tobogganing on wednesday?

teckel

"I'm not a cat"
Ski Pass
Oct 16, 2004
Narbethong, Vic
www.mysticmountainsskihire.com.au
At this stage, it's looking good for a good snow fall on Monday, with a possible top up on Tuesday. Provided they groom the snow (pack it down) on Monday night or Tuesday, it should be good for tobogganing on Wednesday. Best idea is just to check the snow cams on Monday and Tuesday evenings. If the toboggan slope is white, head up on Wednesday
smile.gif

Baw Baw is an option too. If Lake Mountain's cams don't look too good, then try Baw Baw's.

Last edited by a moderator:

HiLo

Old n' Crusty
Mar 26, 2001
Yarra Valley
A group of beginner skiers had a good day at Lake Mountain last Sunday, apart from the hike to get to the snow. Nothing at the carpark though.

Baw Baw still has snow, but not on the Toboggan Slope on the cam. There's a new "temporary" Toboggan Slope on Big Hill.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass