1. SPECIAL NOTE TO NEW REGISTRATIONS

If you recently registered and have not received a confirmation email - please check your 'Spam or Junk' folders. Especially if your email is Hotmail. More help with confirmation issues

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice
  2. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Advice needed Lake Mountain

Discussion in 'Lake Mountain' started by Cristina F, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Cristina F

Cristina F First Runs

Please provide comprehensive resort information & pictures for us keen skiers who need time to get organised fór a day trip from inner Melbourne- waxing skiis, gathering gear, roof racks, chains & an early night.

2. teckel

teckel Pool Room Ski Pass: Gold

Cristina, What is it in particular you need to know? I may be able to help.

3. Mister Tee on XC Skis

Mister Tee on XC Skis A Local Ski Pass: Silver

It is going to Snow tomorrow July 23rd 2019 at most locations for XC skiing. Planning a XC ski trip on Wed. IMO would be a good move if you want to ski on fresh cover.
    The Modelling for weather forecasting looks like Monday Next week will be another big day of snow falling but that is long way off and the day before the predicted snow fall is the best indication we can have of what a weather system is actually doing.
    Be sure to have wheel chains and know how to fit them . Rehearse this in your drive way because in blizzard like conditions it is not something you want to muck around with too much.

4. skifree

skifree Sort of old & definitely grey Moderator Ski Pass: Gold

Just go & take hiking boots & a picnic in case of a change of plan being required.

It’s beautiful, that’s the key data.

5. weerab

weerab One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

Does anyone know if it's possible to hire the newer style of classic XC skis anywhere near LM. The ski hire shops don't really give much detail about the type of skis available. I haven't hired skis for years but apparently the newer skinny skis have mica! , mohair and "sandpaper" bases AFAIK. I would like to try some light non skating skis for a change from my usual heavy plastic boots. I still have old leather boots and relatively light skis but I have developed a toe condition where the leather boots are too painful to wear. Excursions are still fine, hopefully the newer light weight boots will be OK.

6. Mister Tee on XC Skis

Mister Tee on XC Skis A Local Ski Pass: Silver

@teckel might have some of that newer gear for hire.

skifree likes this.