Advice needed Lake Mountain

Cristina F

First Runs
Jul 13, 2019
Please provide comprehensive resort information & pictures for us keen skiers who need time to get organised fór a day trip from inner Melbourne- waxing skiis, gathering gear, roof racks, chains & an early night.

Mister Tee on XC Skis

Not your average unconventional eccentric.
Ski Pass
Jul 29, 2015
Melbourne, Lockdown-i-stan .
soundcloud.com
Please provide comprehensive resort information & pictures for us keen skiers who need time to get organised fór a day trip from inner Melbourne- waxing skiis, gathering gear, roof racks, chains & an early night.
It is going to Snow tomorrow July 23rd 2019 at most locations for XC skiing. Planning a XC ski trip on Wed. IMO would be a good move if you want to ski on fresh cover.
The Modelling for weather forecasting looks like Monday Next week will be another big day of snow falling but that is long way off and the day before the predicted snow fall is the best indication we can have of what a weather system is actually doing.
Be sure to have wheel chains and know how to fit them . Rehearse this in your drive way because in blizzard like conditions it is not something you want to muck around with too much.

weerab

One of Us
Jul 13, 2009
Beautiful Altona Victoria
Does anyone know if it's possible to hire the newer style of classic XC skis anywhere near LM. The ski hire shops don't really give much detail about the type of skis available. I haven't hired skis for years but apparently the newer skinny skis have mica! , mohair and "sandpaper" bases AFAIK. I would like to try some light non skating skis for a change from my usual heavy plastic boots. I still have old leather boots and relatively light skis but I have developed a toe condition where the leather boots are too painful to wear. Excursions are still fine, hopefully the newer light weight boots will be OK.

Mister Tee on XC Skis

Not your average unconventional eccentric.
Ski Pass
Jul 29, 2015
Melbourne, Lockdown-i-stan .
soundcloud.com
Does anyone know if it's possible to hire the newer style of classic XC skis anywhere near LM. The ski hire shops don't really give much detail about the type of skis available. I haven't hired skis for years but apparently the newer skinny skis have mica! , mohair and "sandpaper" bases AFAIK. I would like to try some light non skating skis for a change from my usual heavy plastic boots. I still have old leather boots and relatively light skis but I have developed a toe condition where the leather boots are too painful to wear. Excursions are still fine, hopefully the newer light weight boots will be OK.
@teckel might have some of that newer gear for hire.

Reactions: skifree
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass