1. Use the Force filters, Guest!

Skis     Snowboard     Telemark     Clothing     Boots     Bindings     Accessories     Roof Racks     Chains     Outdoor Gear     Wanted     Free     Sold

Sold Lange RS130 Wide boots, 29.5 Mondo, nearly new

Discussion in 'Gear Swap' started by linked_recoveries, Apr 25, 2018.

1. linked_recoveries

Here I’m selling a very lightly used pair of Lange RS130 Wide boots. They’re a Mondo size 29.5, with a 336mm boot sole length. The boots have seen just two days on snow. They’re virtually new, and they've not been modified.

I’m asking $240.

The blue Lange RS130 has been a benchmark, high performance boot for decades now. The Wide version of the boot took the original 97mm last and widened it to 100mm. The Wide model also has replaceable sole blocks, which is another point of difference from the solid soles of the standard RS130. Lange's 130 flex number is considered on the 'soft' side for that rating; perhaps more like a stiff 120 when compared with some other brands.

I thought I’d give them a try, with full knowledge that I’d need them punched and ground to fit my feet. I've been stomping around my living room in them for a while now, but I’ve never personally used them on snow. I’ve not even taken them to the snow.

I love the boots but they’re never quite going to work for me. They feel perfect right up until my foot goes numb and I lose feeling in the front of my foot. I could blow out the width but my foot is too high across the instep and the cuff tends to bind with the clog when I flex forward.

I’ve only ever made one change to the factory boot / liner. I had Andy Burford (Thredbo Valley boot fitter) make me a new custom footbed to fit the boots and he removed a little section of elastic over the instep of the liners while he was at it. That's a fairly common, easy and low impact first step to gain a little room over the instep. It’s shown in the photo of the liners.

I'll be keeping the custom footbeds. The boots will come with the original factory footbeds, as well as the factory spoilers that attach to the back of the liners to increase the forward lean angle.

A few months after I bought the boots Lange released the SX130, with a 102mm last to cater for fatter-footed skiers. Same design, wider last and just a little more room across the instep. Rather than spend time and money messing around with the blue boots I’ve switched to the wider boot. The SX is going to be perfect, so the RS130s need a new home. I’ve added a photo of the SX boots as well to finish the story.

For most people buying boots should mean trying them on, although there may be some people out there who know these boots well enough to just snap them up straight away. I’m in Sydney (Cammeray on the Lower North Shore) if you’d like to give them a try. It looks like my partner (at least) will be in Thredbo late in May. We’re also going to be in Thredbo late-July and mid-August. I could throw these in the car if you’d like to try them, assuming they haven’t been sold prior.

Below are some links to reviews and discussions of the merits of the boot.

http://starthaus.com/wordpress/2013/10/14/bootfitters-notes-lange-rs-ski-boots/

https://www.skimag.com/gear/lange-rs-130-2014

http://www.worldcupsc.com/lange-rs-130-wide-ski-boot-2015/

Attached Files:

#1 linked_recoveries, Apr 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  2. Annabuzzy

Annabuzzy Part of the Furniture

Great boots for a person in the right size

3. linked_recoveries

Bump to highlight a price change.