Last day of lifts at Mt Buller tomorrow :(

Dave Clark

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 20, 2005
Mt Buller
twitter.com
Thanks to all our customers and everyone that's been supportive through such a difficult season. Look forward to next year. Never had two shocking seasons in a row, so I wouldn't be jumping ship to NZ for bookings just yet.

And if you want a ski tomorrow, there's currently an excellent cover of vegetation with a smattering of snow on Bourke St and Summit. 2 lifts are open tomorrow...
cry.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Dave Clark

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 20, 2005
Mt Buller
twitter.com
marketing_team.sized.jpg

Left to right: Margie, Bree, Me, Emma and Jacqui

Cheers from the 2006 Buller marketing team! (what a hard job I have...
wink.gif
)

dilligaf

First Runs
Feb 27, 2005
QLD
Yeah well done Dave, it must be hard trying to report on good conditions when it has been up to the sh1thouse there all year. Did you work 03 and 04. I was on the ski lift with ski patrol that year (04) and heard Ossi describing conditions. It was a classic, he is just saying, dam run excellent on excellent, this run excellent on excellent, fannys finish, well I don't know how to describe it because I think we have used excellent before when we shouldn't have. (implying it was mind blowing) and that it was I got freshies down it. Good work man. Looks like you have got the women hanging off you.

Rednut

First Runs
Mar 11, 2005
Ballarat
looks like you lead a hard life dave...

thanks for all of your collective efforts this year, hope next year is a better one!

:cheers:

POW Hungry

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
May 28, 2000
Eastern Burbs of Sydney
Dave Clark said:
Thanks to all our customers and everyone that's been supportive through such a difficult season. Look forward to next year. Never had two shocking seasons in a row, so I wouldn't be jumping ship to NZ for bookings just yet.
Being in Marketing I thought you'd be the first to correct yourself. Mt Buller does'nt have 'customers' is has 'guests'.

Secondly, never say never... '98 & '99 were two consecutively 'shocking' seasons for Buller.

1080 Fox Bait

First Runs
Aug 25, 2004
Here
I jump ship to NZ every year, it's so cheap you can still book at the last minute with great deals even in a bumper year.

I only follow the storms at Buller, IMHO it's never worth the risk to book ahead.

All the same, top effort keeping buller open this year for as long as you did, pitty it never got enough to warrant me comming up, I'm quite partial to it when it's fully dressed.

Snow Blowey

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Jan 7, 2004
Dubbo NSW
i'm sure you're shagging the marketing girls when the snows not to good so it's got to be happy days either way.

Seth

I am figure skating
Ski Pass
Jun 6, 2000
The Higher Ground
Snow Blowey said:
i'm sure you're shagging the marketing girls when the snows not to good so it's got to be happy days either way.
He doesn't fit the profile.

MisterMxyzptlk

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Mar 12, 2002
Snow Blowey said:
those girls don't look the least bit threatened by Dave
wink.gif

MisterMxyzptlk

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Mar 12, 2002
damnit Dave.. we had you pegged for playing for the other team.(not that there's anything wrong with that)
You're way too good looking to be straight!

Stratus

A Local
Apr 22, 2005
Melbourne
Enjoyed a week up there in August, but never booking at Buller in advance again, as know all know, it is very risky.

I would usually say goodbye, but this year, its Good Riddance Season 2006. Lets hope for better next year!

:cheers:

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Learn how membership works on these forums
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass