1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Les 3 Vallées - Ski Pass access

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Matt tickner, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Matt tickner

Matt tickner Hard Yards

I'm heading to France on Wednesday and I've booked accomodation in Brides Les Bains because it was cheaper. Can I access all the resorts in les 3 Vallées with my Ski pass or will it only be Brides Les Bains? When I go to buy the Ski pass it asks me to select which resort I'll be at which makes me think it will only be access to the 1 resort.
    If I DO get accesss everywhere, how easy is it to move between the resorts via chairlift etc?

2. Heinz

Heinz Old n' Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

3. Matt tickner

Matt tickner Hard Yards

4. CIRCA1962

CIRCA1962 Hard Yards

Buy a 3 vallees pass rather than Meribel only pass. You can nominate the ticket office that you pick your pass up from. It is just as easy to buy a pass once you get there. You will still need to go to the ticket office anyway and take ID, if you have pre purchased so it doesn’t save any time. I am not sure if there is even a ticket office at Bride-les-Bain as generally there is not snow to the village. The gondola is an access lift to Meribel. You may need to catch the bus up to Meribel to collect your ticket.

Matt tickner likes this.
  5. Matt tickner

Matt tickner Hard Yards

Thanks that is very helpful.

6. Boodwah

Boodwah One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

BLB is generally below snow line. The gondola takes you up to Meribel. Gondola back at end of day.
    Meribel is a very large ski area with heaps on offer both sides of the valley.
    The cheapest option is to get a week pass for Vallee Meribel only, and then buying extensions for 3V (€23) on the good days.
    Although it is handy to have a 3V pass for the whole week and go where you want

Matt tickner likes this.
  7. Matt tickner

Matt tickner Hard Yards

Great thanks. Is there mucn snowfall in Early March? Should I bother with my all-mountain skis or just bring my gear for the Piste?

8. Boodwah

Boodwah One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

Completely variable, can still have epic falls, but on piste always magical.

Matt tickner likes this.