1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Lift Indicator Boards

Discussion in 'Perisher' started by cap, Aug 3, 2007.

1. cap

cap First Runs

Anyone have any idea why the electronic lift-indicator boards are not working? I know the one at Blue Cow has been drastically altered [Lights covered and clock gone] but what's happened to the others? Is PB cutting down on maintenance?

2. dawooduck

dawooduck relaxed and comfortable Ski Pass: Gold

The whole lift running, run opening and customer information progam appears to be lost in a twilight zone.

Q: Is the Interceptor running
    A: Don't know, check the indicator board at the V8

mmmmmmmmm

3. snowjet

snowjet First Runs

Can't tell us to much we might not waste our money if we find lifts are "not in demand" or on hold.

I also notice the wind stations have been changed so as to hide the real wind speed at the top of the mountain.

I don't understand why topics that discuss the resent changes which are not for the better for skiers and longer term not for PB are ended.

This should be an open forum where management should find how punters feel about their decisions and possibly change poor decisions so as not to loss customers.

4. Curto

Curto One of Us

How so???

#4 Curto, Aug 7, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2013
  5. Oyster

Oyster First Runs

Comments are still being heard. In my opinion the topics that have been closed have run their course.

If you have a particular point of view about someone or something it then appears that everything they do reinforces your view point.

#5 Oyster, Aug 7, 2007
  6. Hobber

Hobber A Local

I have to agree with the lift board issue. I can only compare PB to its direct competitor, Thredbo, and things such as non-working lift boards (wern't working in June, havn't been back since then) are, IMO inexcusable.

Thredbo information signage is working and is kept up to date. I like Perisher, but am getting tired of paying premium and getting economy treatment at any ski resort.

This is my honest feedback...

7. Podlet

Podlet Part of the Furniture

I agree Hobber, as much as I am a through and through perisher skier I'm over the ridiculous prices for simple food, non working things like the lift boards etc.

The other thing that annoyed me the other week was Pleasant Valley quad stopped roughly 4 times each time we rode it, which was a few as we were doing some jumps off to one side, and it was cold! the wind was whipping across and was freezing. The problem which the lifty didn't seem to get onto until the last ride up was some plastic peeking through on the unload ramp amongst the ice which caught your ski bottom causing minor issues even amongst experienced skiers.

8. snowjet

snowjet First Runs

Curto, maybe 2 or 3 years ago there was a weather station that was located I think at the top of a lift in blue cow which when the wind was at 'holding levels' you could see that before purchasing your ticket with a web search. Has since been removed and no indication of how strong the winds are at the top is avaliable leaving an estimation from protected wind stations in other areas.

9. Hobber

Hobber A Local

Did you fall over Pods? [​IMG]

#9 Hobber, Aug 7, 2007
  10. Podlet

Podlet Part of the Furniture

nope, my ski did get caught up with a beginner in our group though and nearly wiped her skis out from under her

11. TOFF

TOFF Im not the messiah Ski Pass: Gold

Unfortunately, thats skiing in Oz

#11 TOFF, Aug 7, 2007
  12. VSG

VSG Crayon Master Moderator

has anyone asked Perisher Blue?

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Perisher Blue Information/Guest Services: 1300 655 822

media@perisher.com.au</span>