Lifts left to open, how much snow needed?

lotsofski4me

First Runs
Mar 30, 2006
Australia
Hi,

So 32 lifts to open tomorrow and there are still a few left, just wondering how much more snow we need to open the below:

South Perisher
Sun Valley T-Bar
Olympic T-Bar
Eyre T-Bar
International T-Bar

Front Valley
North Perisher T-Bar
Interceptor Quad Chair

Smiggens Hole
Piper T-Bar
Link T-Bar
Burke T-Bar
Wills T-Bar
Hume T-Bar

Blue Cow
Pleasant Valley Quad Chair

Guthega
Cow Pastures J-Bar

Dacer

Hard Yards
Mar 19, 2008
Sydney
IMO:

South Perisher
Sun Valley T-Bar - 10 cm (anything after the next system, I reckon this coming Tuesday. Was skiing down Sun Valley the week before this system came)
Olympic T-Bar - 60 cm (Usually takes ages for T-Bar track to be ready, even in a decent season)
Eyre T-Bar - 10 cm (anything after the next system, I reckon this coming Tuesday, should be a bit rocky but fine)
International T-Bar - 10 cm (anything after the next system, although not entirely necessary to open up new terrain)

Front Valley
North Perisher T-Bar - 50 cm
Interceptor Quad Chair - 40 cm (maybe less, its been done before....2006)
Telemark T-Bar - Its not listed as open but it should be (unless they can't get the trail from Pretty Chair decent)

Smiggens Hole
Piper T-Bar - 10 cm (anything after the next system, I reckon this coming Tuesday)
Link T-Bar - 10 cm (anything after the next system, I reckon this coming Tuesday)
Burke T-Bar - 10 cm (anything after the next system)
Wills T-Bar - 10 cm (anything after the next system)
Hume T-Bar -10 cm (anything after the next system, I reckon this coming Tuesday)

Blue Cow
Pleasant Valley Quad Chair - 20 cm

Guthega
Cow Pastures J-Bar - 10 cm (anything after the next system, I reckon this coming Tuesday)

Feel free too stomp on any or all of my estimates.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

lotsofski4me

First Runs
Mar 30, 2006
Australia
Thanks, so basically the next system should open up most things
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
yeah agree with all of the above
depends on how much wind we get too..on tuesday..

Miffy

One of Us
Jun 10, 2009
Sydney
Yeh pretty close, i think Eyre/Inter might take a little more
I was at Perisher after last seasons second "Big" snowfall at the start of July.

Smiggins was mostly covered, the Link T was a little sketchy, Interceptor was open but very limited, Guthega was open but very poor in places.
Most of the link trails were open, but again very limited. Mt Perisher still had MANY rocks uncovered

The depth then was 71.3, currently it is 44.9 so even if they open more lifts bear in mind the terrain around them would be quite unpredictable, holes, rocks, bushes etc

robbo mcs

A Local
Ski Pass
Sep 1, 2008
Kenthurst / Jindabyne
Hi,

Out of interest I spent all this afternoon skiing Eyre. Went from the double chair, skied the run through various lines, down to the T-bar loading point. From there I went on the road and cruised back down to the double chair,. There is some great snow out there at the moment. However, there are still plenty of rocks around, so you need to keep your eyes open. Also the creek is still open in spots. Definitely worth a look though. The perisher staff were loading the T's onto the rope today, so I think it will open pretty quickly after the next snow fall. Sun valley also has some great stashes of snow.

This afternoon they were also putting the T's on leichhardt.

Robbo

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using