1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Opinion Lifts open at Falls

Discussion in 'Falls Creek' started by SAGE, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Moondog55

Moondog55 One of Us

OK then I have some construction criticism for the lift company [ and I have made this observation in person; to the Operations manger; a couple of times] I have always thought that what was needed all through the snow and skiing season were a series on those nylon bristle mats that are used in the mechanical slopes. Placed in the high wear areas where the snow has historically had the tendency to melt early or been moved away by ski action it would make moving around the village so much more user friendly and keep some of those trail corners in operation when the cover begins to become thin.

No company can do anything about warm Northerly winds as yet; although perhaps flooding Lake Eyre permanently could help marginally

2. Timmossy

Timmossy One of Us

3. currawong

currawong Old but not so Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

Update 11am Wed

the standby lifts are still on standby so Hotham has Village, Big D and Summit Trainer
    Falls has FC Express, Towers, Mousetrap

Even on counting lifts. IMHO better range of open runs at FC unless you count poaching Heavenly runs