1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Likelihood of more passes?

Discussion in 'Thredbo' started by Cat_Herder, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Cat_Herder

Cat_Herder Hard Yards

Just wondering what the likelihood of more passes being released for weekend dates is throughout August, and more specifically this weekend, given the snow that is forecast?

2. Schwarzer Mann

Schwarzer Mann Addicted

In my opinion chances are somewhere between extremely slim and f... all.

I would be very surprised if there were any tickets released that would 'encourage' people to travel around the state in the current situation.

Gladys said this today:
    'We are holding the line, but the next few weeks are precarious. We are about halfway through what we always knew would be a very difficult period. As soon we were aware of the situation and the extent of it in Victoria, we assumed it would take four to six weeks before NSW knew what our journey would look like during the next phase of the pandemic. I say to everybody in NSW: let’s do the hard yards now so we have a better chance moving forward and not have to go into the situation Victorians find themselves in.'

3. Interruptedbyfireworks

Interruptedbyfireworks One of Us Ski Pass: Silver

I would agree the chances are slim. On the snow report on Snow FM yesterday they kept saying "day passes for today have sold out, but we have released more tickets for the rest of the season", so it sounded to me like they've already released all the tickets that they will have.

4. Adamski

Adamski Addicted

But why are mid-week tickets still available?

5. AJS

AJS One of Us

Because more people that are willing to pay for tickets this year can only ski weekends - the weekends sold out first. When I got tickets for my weekend in the first round of releases the Friday was already sold out. When they released more, I picked up the Friday. When they released more again my friend got some for that weekend too. Now I have a ski buddy for that weekend and there’s nothing left online for those days...

Adamski, Schwarzer Mann and JM72 like this.
  6. Adamski

Adamski Addicted

Damn it. I was hoping to sneakily extend my stay over the following weekend.

7. AJS

AJS One of Us

You could always try at the ticket office - say there's low level snow that closes the roads, they may release a few more at the ticket office?

8. Adamski

Adamski Addicted

True, no harm in trying.

Kash and AJS like this.
  9. Schwarzer Mann

Schwarzer Mann Addicted

Did you get tickets? Looking at the cams I am so tempted to drive down a day earlier than planned.

Kash likes this.
  10. Kash

Kash One of Us

When i saw the upgrade forecast yesterday morning, I logged on and there were no tix. Logged on an hour or two later and saw 50. Quickly grabbed 2 tix around 10am so we can do a Monday 10th day trip. Checked again 2 hours later for a mate that was also keen and there 10 tix left, he faffed aboutr seeking leave etc and then tried again at 4pm and they were gone.

Short answer to that is, with more terrain I'd say likelihood is reasonable for midweek but you'll need to be quick. People are getting tix refunded fairly often too - but you'd have to be a fool to give up tix for next week!

Schwarzer Mann likes this.
  11. JohnSnow13

JohnSnow13 First Runs

Question - I saw someone re-selling their Thredbo Kids pass for $10.00 (cost price) on Facebook because their kid does not want to ski in this weather. I don't have a ticket for today as they are sold out and wouldn't mind skiing for a few hours in the arvo whilst it is snowing.. . should I pick it up and use it? Will anyone know I am using the lift ticket which is for a Kid and not in my name? Thanks..i usually ski Perisher(sold out) but happy to try out Thredbo today for the first time in ages!

Dont want to go to the effort of picking it up and then get kitted up and then find out I can't use it on the mountain? Is there some kind of check they do or way that shows I am using a Kid pass?

12. Townsend

Townsend One of Us

They check out every person going through the ticket gates. No chance you will not be picked up.

Schwarzer Mann likes this.