Loch Car Park As It Was

SkieratHotham

First Runs
May 22, 2002
NE Victoria
Hi All,

I am presenting to the C17 Panel(Mt. Hotham Planning Scheme Amendment) in a couple of weeks and would like some photo's of the Mt. Loch Car Park before the reservoir was built showing cars parked there.

A statement has been made to the C17 Panel that the car park was rarely used. We all know this is incorrect but unfortunatley I have no photographic evidence to the contrary.

Any photo's would be appreciated. Thanks.

VSG

Crayon Master
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 1998
Port Macquarie NSW
www.tumblr.com
Some of Heli's pics. I suggest you contact him, before using them in that context.

info@helicopterservice.com.au

Loch%20dam%206.jpg

Hotham%2004.jpg

Loch%20dam%201.jpg

Loch%20dam%204.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Heli

A Local
Jun 15, 2000
Macedon Ranges, Victoria
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
:no:

That'll help: mind you, there were nearly 20 cars there on Sunday before last, along with a helicopter or two.......
wink.gif

Graeme

First Runs
Endless Winter
Sep 25, 2003
Eden
I use that carpark most times that I ski at Hotham when Heavenly is running (I wonder why it might not have been used much this year? :doh: ) I also use it as for starting point for BC daytrips.

Heli

A Local
Jun 15, 2000
Macedon Ranges, Victoria
VSG,

Now put the crayola on the area nearer the road, toward Hull Bridge, where the car park has been enlarged
wink.gif

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

VSG

Crayon Master
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 1998
Port Macquarie NSW
www.tumblr.com
heli said:
VSG,

Now put the crayola on the area nearer the road, toward Hull Bridge, where the car park has been enlarged
wink.gif
Helicopter pilots... always so anul about things... sheesh... !!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :no:
wink.gif

cp.jpg

VSG

Crayon Master
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 1998
Port Macquarie NSW
www.tumblr.com
Andrew G said:
I have a good shot (85 cars) - if someone can tell me how to post it !
http://darb.net/anonymous

The go to the right hand top part of page, click on drop down list... go add photo.. and go from there.

What is really important.. once you've uploaded the pix.. click on the pic.. load that up.. and then right click and "copy image location" .. and then paste here.

frazels

One of Us
Jul 9, 2005
Melbourne
2840.jpg

2844.jpg

Now imagine if there was no carpark! You would have to have CFA boats!

Bogong

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Hi Skier at Hotham.
For what it's worth, I'm president of the youngest non-student walking club in Melbourne (we're also the second biggest). While our members often use the Loch car park in winter, it's the loss of summer parking that worries us the most.

In summer there were often over 50 cars parked in the comodious old Loch car park. If it's completely removed, things will be similar to the start of the Razorback walk at Diamantina Hut. Sometimes there is a line of parked cars strung out for almost a kilometre in the vicinity. Not only is this inconvenient, it's also dangerous with people walking on the road and having to dodge cars.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using