Lodge with meals included

david chadderton

Hard Yards
May 24, 2016
Planning a trip to Falls from Tassie and was interested to find out if theres any club lodges that have a chef providing breakfast and evening meals? Theres a great one at Hotham call SCEG https://www.sceg.com.au/
Travelling with kids, skiing all day then cooking meals wears thin a over a week.....holiday for who! not to mention the logistics of getting provisions up there.

currawong

Old but not so Crusty
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley
Read elSpikes trip report :thumbs:
that's not a club lodge.
Pretty Valley is one of a number of commercial lodges that provide at least dinner & brekkie. Pretty Valley does lunch too.

If you want a clublodge, there are not many that take bookings from the general public. I can't think of any that provide dinner and take public bookings.

Lots of commercial lodges were converted to apartments but there are still some left. For commercial lodges that provide dinner & brekkie, as well as Pretty Valley you could check out FC Hotel, Nelse, Diana, Feathertop (I think), Cooroona, Halleys. I've probably overlooked a few.

currawong

Old but not so Crusty
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley
getting provisions up ther isn't that bad. The Tawonga Sth butcher delivers, as does the supermarket. If you take your own stuff, the extra cost per box/bag on oversnow is not too bad. None-the-less, I would certainly encourage people to enjoy the companionship of a lodge rather than just being in an apartment.

Last edited:

david chadderton

Hard Yards
May 24, 2016
yeh that's the other thing companionship, sitting around having a chat and beer......thanks i'll check out the places mentioned

currawong

Old but not so Crusty
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley
yeh that's the other thing companionship, sitting around having a chat and beer......thanks i'll check out the places mentioned
I think price order might be something like pretty valley, fc hotel, nelse, feathertop, dianna, cooroona, halleys. I think the last 2 do a lot of school groups these days. Fearhertop changed hands before last season and I'm not really sure where they are at. Restaurant certainly went down a lot.

Moondog55

One of Us
Mar 3, 2014
You can do all your preparations and cooking at home, package up and freeze things like pasta sauce, stews and casseroles and simply reheat at dinner time. Just add heat and serve after cooking noodles or rice. Ditto all the ham and cheese toasties etc. But I'm a cook by trade and find cooking easier than skiing

Apresski

Pool Room
Ski Pass
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Should find something there offering a complete package that suits. But none are club lodge (cept Diana?)
Is Diana a club lodge never used to be.... Almost bought it a long time ago, then went off the idea of running a lodge.

Apresski

Pool Room
Ski Pass
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I think price order might be something like pretty valley, fc hotel, nelse, feathertop, dianna, cooroona, halleys. I think the last 2 do a lot of school groups these days. Fearhertop changed hands before last season and I'm not really sure where they are at. Restaurant certainly went down a lot.
What about the one that looks like a Swiss Chalet.. Karelia I think, does that still exist?

Conners

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 27, 2013
South Coast SA
Mum told me, if you can't say something nice, better not to say anything at all
Oh it’s alright, just a tad odd. We stayed last season and found the quirkiness almost charming, the advice that the dinner needs to be experienced just once in your life was entirely accurate.
The location on the other hand is a bit of a pain, skating is unavoidable.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Learn how membership works on these forums
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass