1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

lodges in falls creek

Discussion in 'Falls Creek' started by davidr, May 20, 2012.

1. davidr

davidr Hard Yards

when i go to hotham i stay at brush ski lodge - are there club lodges or similar available in falls creek?

at brush you can also buy a discounted hire/lift/lesson package through them - does anyone at falls offer this

2. currawong

currawong Old but not so Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

I don't know anything about Brush, but I'm guessing it is a club that takes general public too. If there is something else special about it, I might be able to give a better answer.

There are a few at Falls, but not as many as Hotham. No idea about packages.

Alpha - my pick for this type of lodge
    Chorki - close to FC Express which is good if you have beginners in your group
    Cosella - close to FC Express which is good if you have beginners in your group
    Schuss - don't know much about it

there may be others that aren't springing to mind.

Viking is a lodge owned by the lift co that is in the style of a club lodge with communal kitchen etc. Might suit you too. If anyone has discounted hire/lift/lessons included it would be them methinks

There is a lift, lesson & rental package offered by the lift co anyway. It could be that accommodation houses can't get better than that deal. They may offer a deal for convenience though.

#2 currawong, May 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2013
  3. Apresski

Apresski Pool Room Ski Pass: Gold

#3 Apresski, May 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2013
  4. davidr

davidr Hard Yards

thanks for the info

brush is a good 3 star facility with shared facilites and good prices - you can jump in the outdoor spa with a beer after a day on the slopes which is a great way to end the day

for some reason they get discounted ski/hire packages and there are a couple of others at hotham that get the same - this doesnt seem to be on offer at other resorts but its a great way to save money when you only get to go for a few days each year

havent been to falls for over 20 years so looking forward to getting back there

5. Apresski

#5 Apresski, May 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2013
  6. skichanger

skichanger A Local Ski Pass: Gold

We are members of Schuss and have stayed there a reasonable amount. Not sure how star ratings go but every bedroom has an ensuite but there is no spa. I think there was at some time but it was removed due to hygene issues. I have just been reliably informed that it does have a sauna though. Shared cooking and dining facilities. The kitchen is actually relatively new as it was refurbished a few years ago.

Abitlity to ski in ski out depends on the snow. It is in the middle of Parallel St opposite the Viking. You can usually get to either end of the street on skis and neither of these are that difficult to ski. It is then a short walk to the lodge.

There are a few shared lounge areas and a games room. The games room is usually taken over by the kids. Usually nice and social etc.

7. snowduck

snowduck One of Us

Not at all. From the top of the mountain at Cloud 9, a novice can simply go down Wombat's Ramble, then turn left for the exit to Parallel Street. Effortless cruising all the way.

Weblink for Schuss Lodge at Falls Creek :

http://www.schuss.asn.au/falls_lodge.html

#7 snowduck, May 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2013
  8. Apresski

Fine, I always thought that link went along the Raceline and would be a bit difficult for a novice skier. Intermediate skiers could also use Ory's trail

9. weerab

weerab One of Us

I stayed at Feathertop last year in Parallel street and took that trail back to the lodge. It follows the aqueduct for a while and is pretty easy skiing. Only thing to watch out for is downhill skiers and kamikaze boarders as the trail crosses one or (two)downhill runs.

10. wrxbouy

wrxbouy Hard Yards

Breathing life back into this topic, Is anyone a member at schuss and can give more info on the lodge?

11. skichanger

skichanger A Local Ski Pass: Gold

We have been members for about 18 years. Over that period we have got great value from our membership. What sort of stuff would you like to know? I assume you have had a good look at the website.