1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for Ski Buddy - Cardrona 20th - 23rd Aug

Discussion in 'New Zealand' started by McStacksalot, Jul 31, 2018.

1. McStacksalot

McStacksalot First Runs

O.P.
    Hi. I am taking the family to Cardrona for a ski holiday in August. My wife is not into skiing and the kids will be in ski school for the first 4 days.

So just putting it out there in case anyone else is in the same boat. Thought it might be nice to have some company – and probably safer in the event of a big stack!

Never been to Cardrona and I'm somewhere between beginner and intermediate. (skied for maybe 8 days in my life).

Send me a message if you are interested and we can do a few runs together.

Cheers.

2. Dumphfish

Dumphfish Hard Yards

I'm there the week before you, so sorry can't help. Would have done some runs together and shown you around. Cardies is wide open and easy to work out, intermediate paradise, you'll love it.

3. snowgum

snowgum One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

Sorry Dumpfish, I can't help you but I love Cardrona and enjoyed their telemark lessons several years ago. Adding cost: You could do 1-2 morning lessons and meet similar level people to ski with in the arvo.

Hope you get good snow. Captains Chair is great for improving intermediates - esp if you explore the sides of the basin - esp skiers left!!