1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Looking to Share Accomodation at Falls Creek

Discussion in 'Falls Creek' started by quant, May 1, 2013.

1. quant

quant First Runs

Hi,

My brother and I are looking for others to share an apartment with at Falls Creek 31 July - 6 August (approx dates). We want to rent a self contained apartment since that's the cheapest and most comfortable option. Ideally we would like to end up with a group of about 6+ people.

If anyone is interested PM me.

2. Sh4d0w9

Sh4d0w9 Hard Yards

Hey quant,

Your best bet would be to contact Mountain Multiservice. They rent out the private apartments at Falls for week long stays, and have a variety of different size and price range options available.

Another option would be to try the girls at Julian's/Elk Lodge. Close to the lifts and depending on bookings you could either rent a small room with two single beds or try and jump in the larger bunk room (16). [​IMG]

#2 Sh4d0w9, May 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2013
  3. quant

quant First Runs

Mountain Multiservice is who I was going to contact, but atm their smallest available apartment is a 5 share for $1710 for 7 nights. For that price it would actually be about the same cost for the 2 of us to rent that whole apartment as it would be to stay at Elk Lodge. The lodge rate at Elk for that time of season is $120 a night, at least that's the price I found. (but it seems a bit high for a 16 bunk room)

I can't find a price for Julians Lodge but it looks like a fancy place.

4. currawong

currawong Old but not so Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

Julian's (now known as Elk) has a new part and an old part. The new part is exxy the old is cheap

5. Sh4d0w9

Sh4d0w9 Hard Yards

It's peak period so everything is a bit on the expensive side.

The lodge part of Julian's/Elk have a number of configurations, so worst comes to worse you could pick up a 2 person room. Right next to the pub too (take that into consideration with noise on the weekends/Monday nights). It'd be worth giving Leanne and Bena a call, see if they do a deal for a week stay. The big one isn't 16 bunk, it's only like 8 single beds but it's room 16 so if you could find enough people.

Viking has a minimum price of $1778 for a week. You would be looking at around $1800 for Karelia (though they do have a stay seven nights, get one free deal. Your dates are a mix between two stay periods). Pretty Valley will be around $2k for the week.

The YMCA at Howman's Gap is booked for that period as well.

6. Sh4d0w9

Sh4d0w9 Hard Yards

I guess the part that makes it hard is most options charge a rate per person rather than per room (unless they are renting a unit) as is the case for a regular hotel/accommodation option.

If we weren't going to have 5-6 people living in our house our sofa bed would be a cheap option! [​IMG]

#6 Sh4d0w9, May 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2013
  7. quant

quant First Runs

I have just booked a self contained apartment for 7 nights very near to the Falls Express lift. The cost is $1710 for 7 nights (arrival 28/07 and departure 04/08) and sleeps 5 people. There is currently 3 beds available. The cost to rent will be split evenly, so with 5 people that is $48.85 per night. You will not find anything cheaper at peak season!

You can see the apartment at the link. (its Rocky Valley 17). http://www.mountainmultiservice.com.au/docs/one_bedroom.html

If anyone is interested PM me.

8. chriscross

chriscross One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

Location is OK but it's quite a compact apartment for 5 people - friends who are used to each other at close quarters would be best. It doesn't have a separate bedroom. Just sayin'; I'm sure you'll have fun.

9. quant

quant First Runs

It will be luxurious compared to a 16 person bunk in a backpackers.

#9 quant, May 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2013
  10. chriscross

chriscross One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

Oh, yeah, would not go there. You're definitely moving up in the world. Looks like snow next week, fingers crossed etc.