1. SPECIAL NOTE TO NEW REGISTRATIONS

If you recently registered and have not received a confirmation email - please check your 'Spam or Junk' folders. Especially if your email is Hotmail. More help with confirmation issues

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice
  2. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Lower Slalom Car Park

Discussion in 'Falls Creek' started by ausi ski bum, Jun 26, 2007.

1. ausi ski bum

ausi ski bum A Local

I see that with the construction of St Falls they have moved the local permit holders carparking from along the wall facing the village down into lower slalom car park. This has effectivley reduced the available long term parking down there by 25%.

While I am all for development I must say that at the expense of services for visitors this seems a little misplaced Parking costs went up this year but the facilities have been reduced. Does this mean that we will be parking down the road more often now and if so has there been works to reduce the risk of damage and injury from fallng trees following the bush fires.

Maybe the simple solution would have been dont build on the car park unless the developer was made to replace the number of bays as part of the deal. Maybe make lower slalom a multi level car park and then build on top of that.

2. hair-raiser

hair-raiser Hard Yards

Some locals with a bit more go in them are looking into how public parking on public land got to be handed over to a private developers without any open tenders. (Echos of more RMB dodgyness heard in distance, eh?)

Anyone want to tell "The Age" about this one?

3. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates One of Us

A multi-level carpark (one open deck/day parking & one undercover/long-term) wouldn't be a bad outcome. Some provision would need to be made to access the gas tanks etc though.

#3 Scott No Mates, Jun 27, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2013
  4. loklok

loklok One of Us

I presume the developers have paid for the land, one way or another. Why can't the resort use the funds to extend the parking nearby?

5. ausi ski bum

ausi ski bum A Local

I think everyone would be happy if the lost parking was replaced and replaced in such a way that the dangerous practice of parking down the road was able to be stopped.

Obviously parking in any resort is a huge issue and Falls Creek has better parking than some others but a backward step is not acceptable when there is no flow on bennefit to those paying their access and parking fees each year.