McDonald’s is Opening a Store in Jindabyne

WaitAwhile

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 29, 2012
Perth/part time resident of Jindabyne
Bit unfair to quote "child labour" as younger workers are employed in most take away food places and supermarkets. Your other statements only emphasize the simple fact that if you buy in bulk, you get it cheaper.
That's consumerism. You want quality, go to the local farmer's market and butcher. Supply and demand.
Call them what you want.?
Children in the labour force
Child labour
Bur large companies use them very effectively to cut down on their labour costs .
One observation from living in Europe in the 90s and even as recently as 2012 , and more prevalent in the U.K was the higher number of mature adults employed in fast food and supermarkets.

Kletterer

Thredbo Doughnut Tragic
Nov 26, 2014
Canberra
Child labour
Bur large companies use them very effectively to cut down on their labour costs .
One observation from living in Europe in the 90s and even as recently as 2012 , and more prevalent in the U.K was the higher number of mature adults employed in fast food and supermarkets.
Maybe at the Till/checkout but they are still busy in the back of house jobs.

Donza

Dogs body...
Ski Pass
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
Child labour
Pretty much all adults at our local maccas mid week.

gareth_oau

Pool Room
Ski Pass
Dec 27, 2008
Canning Vale, Perth
One of the important differences between a chain and a local store is that profits made by the store are largely spent in the local area whereas chains siphon much of that profit back to the cities and sometimes offshore. Another key difference is that local stores often buy local produce whereas chains negotiate with large suppliers often from other regions and are often banned from buying local produce in the name of quality control and contractual obligations (where the chains skim a percentage of supply costs via various sneaky rebates and such). Everything from shopfits to decals and promotional materials are supplied by businesses out of town. In most cases, even the construction of the building is done by a company from the city. If you look carefully at the local 'circulation' of money, local stores are preferable. Local owners like to buy cars locally, to build better houses using local tradies etc etc It is not this black and white I know, but regional Australia is slowly re-allocating wealth to the cities, corporations and shareholders; also predominantly city based. Does this justify poor quality, over-pricing or bad service? No.
I will always support small businesses, all things being equal and I’m willing to pay more if the service or quality is better, and I judge that I’m getting value for my money

Kletterer

Thredbo Doughnut Tragic
Nov 26, 2014
Canberra
dawood.jpg
Less grease than a Thredbo doughnut IMO. Localy grown Alpine spuds at Farm @dawooduck

IAB

A Local
Ski Pass
Jun 20, 2005
The Shire, Sydney
Replace the Guthega pub with a Maccas!

Food will be cheaper, better quality and served with a smile. Will also be able to handle the crowds the Freedom Chair has brought in.

Ubiquitous Steve

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 29, 2008
What's the availability of food and quality at Ski Tube Bullocks Flat...in the peak season and the off peak season.Does the Choo Choo run over summer out to Blue Cow....

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass