Site update Media --- Uploaded images now found in one place

Richard

Maintenance Dept
Administrator
Mar 14, 1995
Clarence Town
If you are on desktop, you will now see 'Media' next to Active Topics in the main navigation.

On Mobile you will need to open the navigation panel and scroll down a bit.

There you will find images recently posted to threads within the various categories. NOTE: Only recently uploaded images will show -- not all the images going back to the dawn of time.

This is a brand new feature and there is still some fine tuning to do. So feel free to discuss here.

Last Note:
Only Gold Ski Pass members have a few extra permissions and may create personal media 'Albums' if desired.

Reactions: cruisin along

currawong

Old but not so Crusty
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley
dumb question

what do you mean by navigation panel? live clicked everything I can think of and not seeing anything

Richard

Maintenance Dept
Administrator
Mar 14, 1995
Clarence Town
Navigation Panel -- Menu Panel

D1207C6F-B5A5-4942-BEA8-AF790389E1BC.png

Richard

Maintenance Dept
Administrator
Mar 14, 1995
Clarence Town
dumb question

what do you mean by navigation panel? live clicked everything I can think of and not seeing anything

Thanks, I analysed your permissions and found I had not checked the right value at the top of the cascading permission tree... It should all be there now.

Reactions: currawong

currawong

Old but not so Crusty
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley
i guess there's no way of blocking an image from showing there.

will non-subscribers or non-registerec be able to see images in apres?

this might sound dumb. I try to maintain some anonymity. As part of that I'm careful what images I post. I take more risks in forums/threads that I think are less likely to be visited by a broad range of people

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Richard

Maintenance Dept
Administrator
Mar 14, 1995
Clarence Town
will non-subscribers or non-registerec be able to see images in apres?
It's the same as Apres - Media feature is not visible to the unregistered.

Also, images uploaded into private messages do not show. It is a mirror of images uploaded to threads - from most categories - but not all.

Pavilion images are not reflected, nor are images from Arrangements, Noticeboard and a few others - but either way. If you upload an image, it's visible -- this is just a different UI on what's uploaded.

Reactions: currawong

currawong

Old but not so Crusty
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley
It's the same as Apres - Media feature is not visible to the unregistered.

Also, images uploaded into private messages do not show. It is a mirror of images uploaded to threads - from most categories - but not all.

Pavilion images are not reflected, nor are images from Arrangements, Noticeboard and a few others - but either way. If you upload and image, it's visible -- this is just a different UI on what's uploaded.
thanks
much as I suspected. will just need to be a bit more careful in a few threads

cold wombat

Twitter Contributer
Jun 4, 2008
Perth
This feature is good for Havoc and Chaos.

Havoc_Chaos.jpg

Edit: Hmm. Interesting. Only gets triggered on original insertion (snigger). Attaching an image already in the system doesn't load it in the media library.

Reactions: Seafm
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass