Memories at Baw Baw

djam

One of Us
Apr 6, 2009
nice, hope you can improve the quality.

That must be 80's or later I think, as it was after the road at the chairlift bottom had been built up, no more 2 flights of stairs to walk up. Oh and the towers are grey, not Yellow after the RMB or whoever they were at the time banned the yellow.

At some stage I will start to scan my family's photos, they might have some dates on them to help with the timing. There are thousands to scan.

Reactions: Baw Baw Bear
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Baw Baw Bear

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 12, 2003
Melbourne, Baw Baw
nice, hope you can improve the quality.

That must be 80's or later I think, as it was after the road at the chairlift bottom had been built up, no more 2 flights of stairs to walk up. Oh and the towers are grey, not Yellow after the RMB or whoever they were at the time banned the yellow.

At some stage I will start to scan my family's photos, they might have some dates on them to help with the timing. There are thousands to scan.
Same here have boxes of photos , the older super 8 has the chair being built with the yellow towers. Great memories

Bogong

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
There is a need to write a Baw Baw history as we are already losing many people involved in the 1960s and 1970s. I'd be happy to assist anyone who is thinking of doing it and I could even write the first few sections up to about 1960. But I don't have the base knowledge of things that happened after that time to do more than help with club and lift info as well as putting Baw Baw in the context of the wider Australian ski industry.

It would be a shame if there was no record of the people of that time and their contributions to the mountain.

Reactions: MarkV
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using