Minibus parking at Perisher?

Jenlee

First Runs
May 12, 2021
Hey guys, first time going to Perisher and was thinking about driving a minibus there (12 seater). Was wondering if anyone knew if there was bus parking on Perisher Valley? I heard there was another option where you can park near Smiggins and catch the free shuttle bus up? Can someone please let me know what you think the best option is?

Billy_Buttons

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Mar 25, 2011
Hey guys, first time going to Perisher and was thinking about driving a minibus there (12 seater). Was wondering if anyone knew if there was bus parking on Perisher Valley? I heard there was another option where you can park near Smiggins and catch the free shuttle bus up? Can someone please let me know what you think the best option is?
Perisher | Visitor info | NSW National Parks

skifree

A disciple of the blessed avi giraffe
Ski Pass
Jul 13, 1998
Middle Oz
Yes
And yes.

Probably short term park mini bus outside the Parks building, off load to head to Perisher centre or get out of weather in Parks gear then go to Perisher centre.

Then driver takes bus to Smiggs and shuttles up.

Or you maybe able to park in Perisher car park on far South (towards Smiggs side). Maybe just do that. The car park rats will tell you if they want you move down to Smiggs.

Jacko4650

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 15, 2014
A 12 seater is not much bigger than any other long vehicle. You have the same rights as anyone else, though my tip would be to park at Smiggins. For those within your crew that are desperate to start at Perisher (Front Valley), they can either catch the Shuttle as you suggest or chill and start skiing or snowboarding at Smiggins. From there you can move via the ski lifts to all other parts of the resort: Perisher, Blue Cow, Guthega etc. As a long time Perisher resort skier, Smiggins is one of my favourite places to start the day. It's better for parking and a great place to finish the day. Good luck and best wishes for a snowy experience!

Nidecker

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 5, 2009
Alpine the dark side of snowboarding
..........Smiggins is one of my favourite places to start the day. It's better for parking and a great place to finish the day. Good luck and best wishes for a snowy experience!

If you actually care about your car Smiggs catches less ski damage I reckon, less need to squeeze between lines of cars

Nidecker

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 5, 2009
Alpine the dark side of snowboarding
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Learn how membership works on these forums
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass