1. Coronavirus #StayHome

Official Advice

- People in Australia must stay at least 1.5 metres away from others and gatherings are limited to two people unless you are with your family or household.
    - If you believe you may have contracted the virus, call your doctor (don’t visit) or contact the national Coronavirus Health Information Hotline on 1800 020 080.
    - If you are struggling to breathe or experiencing a medical emergency, call 000.

Information Resources Mental Health Note: This announcement may be closed & This announcement will be reset every few days.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

More info on the Kids Club please

Discussion in 'Hotham & Dinner Plain' started by ahronshapiro, Aug 16, 2017.

1. ahronshapiro

ahronshapiro Hard Yards

My six year old son will be going to the full day program at the Kids Club this Sunday.
    He's a little apprehensive - he has gone for two previous skiing lessons: 2015 at Falls Creek (full day program) and 2016 at Mt Baw Baw (just a lesson). Obviously he was younger when he was at Falls Creek and he wants to know what activities take place during the course of the day at the Kids Club besides the lessons themselves.

Can anyone please describe to me what the Full Day Kids Club program is like in terms of activities and timing? The Hotham website gives few details.

Also, my son asked if it would be possible for me to "visit" him at lunch time like I was able to do at Falls Creek. Is that practical, or would you advise against it? It certainly appears that, unlike at Falls Creek, there is no lift or trail access to the kids lesson area at the Big D complex from anywhere else on the mountain.

What is the fastest way to get to the Big D when I'm skiing other parts of the mountain? This is also a relevant question for when I have to stop skiing in order to pick him up when Kids Club ends at 3:30.

Thanks for your help.

2. neilmny

neilmny One of Us

Quickest way to Big D is probably a bus from Hotham Central (or any other village stop you can get to).
    Maybe ring and ask about the day program.

3. Cuppa

Cuppa A Local

Generally lesson in morning and afternoon. A couple of Hot chocolate breaks and lunch. Rides on the dragon wagon also gets the kids a bit excited.