1. SPECIAL NOTE TO NEW REGISTRATIONS

If you recently registered and have not received a confirmation email - please check your 'Spam or Junk' folders. Especially if your email is Hotmail. More help with confirmation issues

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice
  2. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Mottarone Italy, Anybody been??

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Arsas, May 1, 2018.

1. Arsas

Arsas One of Us

I will be in Stresa Italy (Lake Maggoire) over the new years week at the end of this year. This was not intended to be a ski holiday, but like any trip we take I always look to see if there is any ski resorts near by. There just happens to be a ski resort 30mins away.
    Its called Mottarone, not etxremely high (approx 1500m) or very big (7 lifts) but is said to have one of the best views/vistas of any ski field in the world. The ski slopes over look the huge mountain lakes of Italy.
    So my question is has anybody been to Mottarone? is it worth a ski?
    There is a gondola all the way from the lake town of Stresa up to Mottarone. There is also a Roller Coaster/Luge perched on the side of the mountain at the top called Alpyland.

2. Hermannator

Hermannator One of Us Ski Pass: Silver

Don't know about Mottarone, but looked it up. The Funicular takes you right up there from the town of Stresa it appears.

But a little over 1 hour away by train, via Domodossola is the Swiss town of Brig. From there, you could get to Belalp (or possibly better still Aletsch Arena) and see the Aletsch Glacier, with views of the South side of the Jungfrau, Monch and Eiger - truly world-famous landmarks.