1. SPECIAL NOTE TO NEW REGISTRATIONS

If you recently registered and have not received a confirmation email - please check your 'Spam or Junk' folders. Especially if your email is Hotmail. More help with confirmation issues

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice
  2. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Mount Beauty

Discussion in 'Falls Creek' started by peet, Jul 7, 2007.

1. peet

peet First Runs

I am staying in Mount Beauty in August and driving to Falls Creek daily. Can anyone tell me how long it takes to drive to Falls Creek and the resort entry cost of a car and 2 adults. Also does anyone have sugestions for good eating spots in Mount Beauty and sight seeing sugestions

2. Serial Blogger

Serial Blogger First Runs

Peet - last year, from the Mt Beauty caravan park, it took about 45 minutes if we had to stop and fit chains. Might take a bit longer this year, as there's a LOT more snow (yay!) so maybe an hour if it's been dumping? The pub just down the road from the caravan park had great food last year, and apparently the pizza place across the road wasn't too bad according to the caravan park manager. There were a few tourist drives around that were quite nice, and the road up to FC itself is very pretty in places.

The gate fee is $25 a car. We got stickers last year too [​IMG]

#2 Serial Blogger, Jul 7, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2013
  3. peet

peet First Runs

4. currawong

currawong Old but not so Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

you can find more info on Mt Beauty in wikiski , including more places to eat

#4 currawong, Jul 7, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2013
  5. kidporsche

kidporsche First Runs

You can pay your park entry at some of the rental places in Mt Beauty, saves time because you just drive through at Howman's.
    45mins is I think an average driving time, depending on traffic and road conditions.
    The Bogong Hotel used to have decent pub meals, Roy's (Roi's ?) is good I'm told, the fish and chips shop in town (I think it is called Recline now) did pretty mean burgers last time I was there.
    Apparently there are some flash new apartments where the old chalet was at the start of the road up to Falls. I think they have a restaurant there too.

6. Apresski

Apresski Pool Room Ski Pass: Gold

I also noticed a new chinse restaurant in the main steet of Mt Beauty lat week. Is Roi's the new name for the old Sashas in Tawonga south, 'cause that used to be a great restaurant.

7. currawong

currawong Old but not so Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

Roi's is in Tawonga, close to the Bogong Pub. Has been consistently listed in Age Good Food Guide for some years.

The old Sasha's is not currently open, but Sasha is operating in Bright at, wait for it.... Sasha's.

Fish and chips are available at PK's and Frissante, both of which do pizza as well. Frissante does restaurant meals too.

Recline is owned by same people as PK's. No fish and chips these days at recline, just good eat-in food.

The chinese is a pretty standard suburban /country town chinese.

8. ocker

ocker Hard Yards

#8 ocker, Jul 8, 2007
  9. PCH

PCH First Runs

It takes 40-45 mins from Mt Beauty if you don't need to fit chains without slow traffic.

Day entry is $28 per car (its not by numbers in your car). You can buy multiple days to avoid stopping at the gate but you don't get any discounts. It still cost $28 per day.

I bought pizza at the place opposite the caravan park and I reckon the price is expensive @ $14-$19 for a medium. Even at the Bakery 4 pizza buns and 2 crossants was $14. My suggestion is go to Food Works Supermarket in the main street at Mt Beauty and buy from there and cook back where your staying if they have cooking facilities - you'll save $'s for speniding up at Falls Ck.

Chris

10. Kelster

Kelster Hard Yards

The flash new apartments are:

http://www.svarmisk.com.au/

Each apartment includes it own outdoor hot tub and indoor spa. I am staying at them next week so I will be able to report on them afterwards.

#10 Kelster, Jul 10, 2007