Resource Moveable classic XC ski skin bindings. WOW!

teckel

"I'm not a cat"
Ski Pass
Oct 16, 2004
Narbethong, Vic
www.mysticmountainsskihire.com.au
They may be OK for top racers wanting to move their position during the race for different terrain and/or conditions, but almost everybody else has no need or interest in moving their position.
Mister T, with most Rottefella bindings these days, you get a little 'key' that allows you to move your bindings when the skis are not on the snow. These Move bindings allow you to do it while on snow.

Mister Tee on XC Skis

Not your average unconventional eccentric.
Ski Pass
Jul 29, 2015
Melbourne, Lockdown-i-stan .
soundcloud.com
It would work, but it's a gimmick I'd never bother to use.
At first I did think WOW and rushed to share this with some of you more experienced skiers but now I can see it is a bit of a gimmick. I like the fish scale pattern base and the binding being where it is. Kicker skins are easy to add and subtract if needed.

BilbyBill

One of Us
Apr 27, 2001
Tawonga, Australia.
I have been moving my bindings forward or back for years to adjust for different conditions. It works. Want more glide, move the binding back. Need a bit more grip move the binding forward.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

skifree

A disciple of the blessed avi giraffe
Ski Pass
Jul 13, 1998
Middle Oz
Still find this a very curious need given in the workshop we were always locating the binding to the optimum balance point for any given ski and this is different for classic and skate so the ski would behave correctly on each stride. Surely dicking about with this requires a variety of strides to learn to accommodate the different ski movement associated with each change in balance point and resulting ski behaviour?

Mister Tee on XC Skis

Not your average unconventional eccentric.
Ski Pass
Jul 29, 2015
Melbourne, Lockdown-i-stan .
soundcloud.com
Still find this a very curious need given in the workshop we were always locating the binding to the optimum balance point for any given ski and this is different for classic and skate so the ski would behave correctly on each stride. Surely dicking about with this requires a variety of strides to learn to accommodate the different ski movement associated with each change in balance point and resulting ski behaviour?
A very salient point indeed!

DPS Driver

A Local
Jul 18, 2014
My theory on this is in line with @Telemark Phat re adjusting technique.

It's the same with surfboards. When I was making surf boards for a living we would experiment with shapes, fin placement, rocker, concave, V & rails etc in an attempt to find that perfect board. Many times you would create a pig which needed to be re-jigged to make it work. But mostly it was a case of adjusting your surfing (technique), stance, front versus back foot, etc etc to make them work

I find it exactly the same with skis, including XC skis. Would I bother changing my mount position for climbing, versus gliding versus skating etc. Nah! couldn't be bother when all I have to do is adjust my technique. It's quicker and more effective.

I've stated this many times on this forum re alpine skis. Ski them for 3 days and you'll dial them in or more accurately you'll dial your technique in to accommodate the ski.

Untele-whippet

beard stroker
Ski Pass
Jul 13, 2006
Blue Mtns, 1100M.
What about moveable tips and tails, so the binding stays firmly anchored in one sturdy spot but the tips and tails can be extended or retracted via a Glide-Grip App to change the binding / boot interface point of balance?
And another Gnarly Turn App to shorten the inside ski and lengthen the outside ski for purrfect turns.

DPS Driver

A Local
Jul 18, 2014
What about moveable tips and tails, so the binding stays firmly anchored in one sturdy spot but the tips and tails can be extended or retracted via a Glide-Grip App to change the binding / boot interface point of balance?
And another Gnarly Turn App to shorten the inside ski and lengthen the outside ski for purrfect turns.
What you smokin' Willis?

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass