1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Report Mt Baw Baw 2017 - Trip Reports, Pics & Conditions

Discussion in 'Mt Baw Baw' started by D-eye, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Cookthebooks

Cookthebooks Hard Yards

Had a great day at Baw Baw yesterday, We arrived to steady drizzle however it wasn't affecting the snow pack and the resort was its usual quiet self. The snow depth is deep for Baw Baw and the whole resort is very shreddable and well and truly worth a visit. Walking over to Playground and lapping fresh ice cream all day was great fun.

Its been a few years since I've had a chance to shred Baw Baw and I must say that it still holds a special place in my snowboard life, one of those locations that posesess a certain kind of magic and always leaves me with a big smile on my face. Looking forward to seeing what this weeks weather does, hopefully I can get another day or two up there.

2. priderock

priderock Hard Yards

Spent an overnighter at Baw Baw and my first ski yesterday in several years . Conditions were amazing - my kids had a ball and so did I, albeit a bit sore sitting at work today. Spent most of the day on summit, given other runs were not available, but staff from ski hire, ski school and the lifties were fantastic. The way the season is going might have another opportunity, particularly with school holidays not far off. Great job Baw Baw.

Froff Life likes this.
  3. euexp

euexp Hard Yards

Thinking of going up tomorrow for last ski of the season ( first ever Nordic ski trip to Baw Baw)
    Can anyone give accurate and reliable reports on trail conditions/grooming ?
    Thanks

4. Oldie

Oldie Hard Yards

Good day yesterday (Friday). Very good cover, a little soft, but no slush. Hut, Maltese, & Summit running but not Tank. I asked a liftie about Tank and she said not enough staff. The rumours about lift ticket prices being related to temperature seem to be true as my lift ticket cost only $2. What a bargain! Light fog in the morning lifted to sunshine with fog redeveloping early afternoon, and drizzle started mid afternoon. Didn't bother me as I decided to call it a day at about 3.30pm. Not sure if I will make it up again this season, but 2017 season has been fantastic. Normally I average about 4 day trips per year but Friday's was my 7th. this year. Well done Baw Baw!

5. Mister Tee on XC Skis

Mister Tee on XC Skis A Local Ski Pass: Silver

I am watching the ski report here to see if Mt. BB or Mt.St.G. will be viable for a day trip on XC skis next Tuesday or Wed. (26th or 27th /9/17)

6. 2ESki

2ESki Addicted

Mt Baw Baws season was awesome this year,we came up about 5 times and just love the place, yeah the runs might not be that long but the queues are usually fairly short and the view on a clear day can be a bit distracting :p

SuskiQ likes this.
  7. SuskiQ

SuskiQ Part of the Furniture Ski Pass: Gold

Baw Baw has a character that’s different from any other mountain

2ESki likes this.
  8. Mister Tee on XC Skis

Mister Tee on XC Skis A Local Ski Pass: Silver

Mt St. G. and Mt. Erica are free to visit and I can dig that!, moreover the Baw Baw N.P. has not been burnt recently so the snow gums there are mature and not skeletal remains.

Edgecrusher and SuskiQ like this.
  9. 2ESki

2ESki Addicted

Yeah I love the snow gums and I think my daughter spends at least 45 mins taking photos of them every time we go , they just look even more special with snow on them :thumbs:

neilmny and SuskiQ like this.