1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Report Mt Baw Baw 2020 - Trip Reports, Pics & Conditions.

Discussion in 'Mt Baw Baw' started by Darzee, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Darzee

Darzee Hard Yards

Time to start the 2020 thread

For those who haven't seen it yet, Baw Baw will not be offering season parking passes at all this year and entry must be paid for each visit.
    https://mountbawbaw.com.au/resort-entry
    This is odd considering Buller, Hotham and Falls are still offering (and honouring) season parking passes.
    I doubt i'll be up much this year if i have to pay for every day

2. nezumi

nezumi One of Us Ski Pass: Silver

Even more so when Baw Baw has the most expensive day pass (granted, their multi-day pass isn't so bad, but still).

I might still end up there, purely so I can put Mr 4 into snowboard lessons again.

3. chriscross

chriscross One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

And a new announcement (to me): no All Resorts Passes, due to Covid-19 restrictions. This could make for a very expensive, or very limited season.
    Meanwhile, the cams show almost nothing at all from yesterday's system, whereas Buller and even LM got some white goodness.

Mister Tee on XC Skis likes this.
  4. nezumi

nezumi One of Us Ski Pass: Silver

That one seems inherently bizzare. If the resorts are actually restricting entry to those who hold a valid lift pass, then an unlimited access pass for a vehicle shouldn't be a problem. :/

5. chriscross

chriscross One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

I suspect the resorts want to control numbers and don't want ARP holders just rocking up whenever they choose (as I like to do). So that won't be happening very much. Could be a Gwinear sort of year.

#5 chriscross, Jun 2, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
    Mister Tee on XC Skis likes this.