Snow Report Mt Baw Baw 2021 - Trip Reports, Pics & Conditions.

Tom from Melbourne

One of Us
Ski Pass
Dec 30, 2017
Just looked at Baw Baw snow report, says 40cm but only hut run to tower 3.5, is this because 40cm in snow report is the snow making?

(I thought 30cm was generally the mark for top to bottom skiing at Baw Baw).

Onlybackscratchers

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 7, 2017
Just looked at Baw Baw snow report, says 40cm but only hut run to tower 3.5, is this because 40cm in snow report is the snow making?

(I thought 30cm was generally the mark for top to bottom skiing at Baw Baw).
There is only about 5cm of natural cover. I wouldn't expect anything else open until after the possible snowfalls forecast next weekend.

Tom from Melbourne

One of Us
Ski Pass
Dec 30, 2017
There is only about 5cm of natural cover. I wouldn't expect anything else open until after the possible snowfalls forecast next weekend.
Thanks @Onlybackscratchers. On their report it was something weird like 'only the average of the open runs'.

Given the snow play and XC users you think they'd make it clearer!

Hopefully they can get to 40cm this winter (I remember a few years ago being there in 50cm and it was glorious!).

Reactions: Onlybackscratchers

Onlybackscratchers

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 7, 2017
Thanks @Onlybackscratchers. On their report it was something weird like 'only the average of the open runs'.

Given the snow play and XC users you think they'd make it clearer!

Hopefully they can get to 40cm this winter (I remember a few years ago being there in 50cm and it was glorious!).
Yes there reports should be a bit clearer. Check the snow cams, the Summit T-bar cam gives you a far idea of natural cover.

Reactions: Tom from Melbourne

doogasnow

One of Us
Mar 7, 2010
Moe south
Love baw baw!! Fantastic mountain imo! I worked up there is a lifty about 20 years ago now. When u get the right weather systems moving up from the south west during winter they can get some unbelievable snowfalls!
use to love catching the chairlift from top down to bottom station where I was living.

TOFF

Triple premiership Pants man
Ski Pass
Aug 10, 2004
Wuhan
This must be one of the most aussie ski images ever.
guessing its rental gear
1626069787675.png

doogasnow

One of Us
Mar 7, 2010
Moe south
Thanks to bb admin and accomm (alpine hotel) for offering refunds or rescheduling for bookings next week. Saw the forecast, gotexcited, made a booking, then next day lock down was announced and I thought I'd done my dough. So, hopefully get up there in a couple of weeks.
Conditions looking like they could be really good up there by mid next week fingers crossed. Imo

Tanuki

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Sep 29, 2010
I've just realised that I have made a terrible mistake, and may try to remedy it - I have booked in my covid-vax on Friday morning! :O
Dang, try the Thursday? I had my first dose last Wednesday - all good other than a massive headache and lethargy.

Reactions: nezumi
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Learn how membership works on these forums