Mt Baw Baw - Sunday Age August 21st

VSG

Crayon Master
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 1998
Port Macquarie NSW
www.tumblr.com
teckel said:
With all due respect, Leona has done a fabulous job raising the profile and facilities at Baw Baw. WTF did she have to destroy her reputation through this though? I can't see her getting through this unscathed.

Innocent until?

Last edited by a moderator:

priderock

Hard Yards
Aug 11, 2010
Baw Baw Skier "particularly liked the deliberate mis-spellings"

The spelling misteaks did get better, even the big words !!

Lots of good information though !!

Don't know what Hymie is on about ??

BawBawSkier

Hard Yards
Aug 23, 2011
priderock said:
Baw Baw Skier "particularly liked the deliberate mis-spellings"

The spelling misteaks did get better, even the big words !!

Lots of good information though !!

Don't know what Hymie is on about ??

Lot's of good information?
Of course there is, it's Leona or one of her acolytes
The reference to suing and slander is exactly what the gang of 4 were saying in an overheard conversation in the pub on Saturday night

re "Shredder - could it have been being used elsewhere during the season and just being returned to admin to be put away as the season is pretty much done. COULD IT HAVE BEEN USED TO DESTROY CREDIT CARD DETAILS???? Everyuthing is so electronic these days a shredder is pretty much useless!"
That is spot on, the shredder WAS actually being used in the Snow Sports building, For someone who USED to work on the mountain bawbawboarder is pretty well informed

BawBawSkier

Hard Yards
Aug 23, 2011
Nah, I thought you could insert them in an existing thread

I just checked FAQ' and maybe they are not enabled
Ian????

Hymie

First Runs
May 2, 2008
Just start a new thread. There's enough people following this one to justify it.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

bawbawbel

Easi Ski.....
Ski Pass
Jun 22, 2000
vic
Don't tell me that we have the Skier vs Boarder thing coming back from the past. he he.
Polls are boring
BawBawBoarder, regarding the article, you said " I can pick out too many errors myself without know all the details. "
Dot point a few for our lascivious consumtion?

priderock

Hard Yards
Aug 11, 2010
Interesting idea skier and bel

Maybe we could get "Hello bawbawboareder Leona
If you cant back yourself up, who will?
I particularly liked the deliberate mis-spellings"

to list some of those "many errors for our lascivious consumption"

for us to poll/comment on and check for those spelling misteaks.

Maybe we could start with “the back up shredder†and what it was or wasn't used for used for

TOFF

Triple premiership Pants man
Ski Pass
Aug 10, 2004
Wuhan
I didnt use to be sober either
wink.gif

pta

First Runs
Aug 25, 2011
Why is the CEO still in control whist under investigation, surely she should stand down until investigation is completed? If any of the allegations are proved true then I would hope that the board is dismissed also. Its about time this mountain concentrated on its core industry i.e.SNOW!

pta

First Runs
Aug 25, 2011
Why is the CEO still in control whist under investigation, surely she should stand down until investigation is completed? If any of the allegations are proved true then I would hope that the board is dismissed also. Its about time this mountain concentrated on its core industry i.e.SNOW!

BawBawSkier

Hard Yards
Aug 23, 2011
teckel said:
With all due respect, Leona has done a fabulous job raising the profile and facilities at Baw Baw. WTF did she have to destroy her reputation through this though? I can't see her getting through this unscathed.

She was also responsible (as Chair of the Board) for the discraceful debacle of Baw Baws chairlift being removed

As for replacing the Big Hill lift and extending the Poma to its original length, FFS, she was responsible (as Chair or CEO) for stuffing them up in the first place.

weerab

One of Us
Jul 13, 2009
Beautiful Altona Victoria
BawBawSkier said:
teckel said:

She was also responsible (as Chair of the Board) for the discraceful debacle of Baw Baws chairlift being removed

As for replacing the Big Hill lift and extending the Poma to its original length, FFS, she was responsible (as Chair or CEO) for stuffing them up in the first place.

I would have thought that getting rid of the chairlift was a good thing. I remember way back having to get an old bus and a chairlift to get to Baw Baw. With that very windy drive up, I'm not sure why we bothered going there at all! But I've only started sking BB recently after a very long break so I don't know what has gone on during the last 20 years or so.

bawbawbel

Easi Ski.....
Ski Pass
Jun 22, 2000
vic
And probably sooling the plods at a truck taking away the asbestos chairlift bottom station.
The Chair lost the Chair? It was redundant as access, anyway.
THis could go on for generations.
Note, however that Leona and Leona Mann (CEO of Sale hospital) are different people.

teckel

"I'm not a cat"
Ski Pass
Oct 16, 2004
Narbethong, Vic
www.mysticmountainsskihire.com.au
bawbawbel said:
Note, however that Leona and Leona Mann (CEO of Sale hospital) are different people.
confused.gif

From Baw Baw's website: "Leona has worked at Executive Level for the past fifteen years in both local government and the health sectors. "(sic) Yeah, the grammar is atrocious. (the words executive and level should not have capitals. And it's either 'local government and health sectors' or 'local government and the health sector'. I wonder who wrote it)

Hymie

First Runs
May 2, 2008
bawbawbel said:

You are joking right?

weerab

One of Us
Jul 13, 2009
Beautiful Altona Victoria
bawbawbel said:
And probably sooling the plods at a truck taking away the asbestos chairlift bottom station.
The Chair lost the Chair? It was redundant as access, anyway.
THis could go on for generations.
Note, however that Leona and Leona Mann (CEO of Sale hospital) are different people. [/quo

Que'st que c'est or what the f are you talking about?

Hymie

First Runs
May 2, 2008
priderock said:
Mount Baw Baw Alpine Resort chief executive Leona Turra.
snip
Ms Turra's son, Warrick Mann, is the information technology manager at the resort, despite living in the Latrobe Valley and working as a full-time teacher at Traralgon Secondary College
Snip
Mr Mann and his wife, Caroline, recently went on a $5000 skiing junket to Mount Hotham that was allegedly paid for by a budget controlled by Ms Turra, according to several sources.
snip
Ms Turra and Mr Mann both said they could not discuss any of the claims while the matters were being investigated. Board chairman Ralph Booth said hospitality provided to Ms Turra's relatives could have been covered by a private expense account she paid for.
snip
In 2004 Ms Turra resigned from a $300,000 role as chief executive of Central Gippsland Health Service days before the entire board was sacked by former health minister Bronwyn Pike. After police and ombudsman inquiries, Ms Turra - then known as Leona Mann - was found to have inappropriately approved $103,000 in payments to the board's former chairman Dr Allan Wain for business-class flights, car hire and telephone costs.

Does that clear it up for you BawBawBel?

bawbawbel

Easi Ski.....
Ski Pass
Jun 22, 2000
vic
Hymie said:
bawbawbel said:

You are joking right?

Not joking, just too lazy to followanything up. Julian I am not.

It is not my business how many names or games anybody has.

Going windsurfing. At least the water has a long season...

Hymie

First Runs
May 2, 2008
bawbawbel said:
Hymie said:
bawbawbel said:

You are joking right?

Not joking, just too lazy to followanything up. Julian I am not.

It is not my business how many names or games anybody has.

Going windsurfing. At least the water has a long season...

I wish I didn't know what I do sometimes, life would be less complicated. Enjoy the water and we'll see you up there next season.

bawbawbel

Easi Ski.....
Ski Pass
Jun 22, 2000
vic
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass