1. SPECIAL NOTE TO NEW REGISTRATIONS

If you recently registered and have not received a confirmation email - please check your 'Spam or Junk' folders. Especially if your email is Hotmail. More help with confirmation issues

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice
  2. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

News Mt.BB are advertising in Hindi on SBS Radio

Discussion in 'Mt Baw Baw' started by Mister Tee on XC Skis, Aug 15, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Mister Tee on XC Skis

Mister Tee on XC Skis A Local Ski Pass: Silver

Hi. Namaste. Raam Raam Pranaam. Salaam!
    On SBS Hindi Radio programme Mt. BB are advertising their resort in a way that pitches it squarely at North Indian origin New Australians . A kind of Bollywood meets snow ball throwing meets my big fat Indian wedding kind of advertisement. They are saying it is only 2.5 hours away from Melb. with No mention of skiing, learning to ski, ski hire or snowboarding mentioned.

It is a place of snow not skiing according to the ad.

It is more of a novelty come and see snow and toboggan a bit kind of commercial .Since Mt. Buller is also running similar ad.s in Hindi on SBS Hindi radio , it seems that another snow location has tried to cut into this market of disposable income earning Desi Log( Indian people) who may never have seen snow before or just want to have a weekend away somewhere cold and maybe have a Hindi film night or some kind of Indian pop culture based party night and have some photos of them standing in the snow looking cold , wet and out of place ;-P .
    Put simply into Hindustani: Mt. Baw Baw ek barf ki jagah hai aur khaas kar desi logon ke liye ishtahar ban gayi hai .

#1 Mister Tee on XC Skis, Aug 15, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
    weerab, Tanuki and Chaeron like this.
  2. Xplora

Xplora One of Us Ski Pass: Silver

There are bus loads of Indians going to other resorts as well. Is this causing a problem? Not sure of the point you are trying to make. I know there have been a few driving issues involving Indians but I suspect no more than any other ethnicity. Just involves a lack of experience. Do people have to ski to enjoy the snow? Dinner Plain has lots of Indians and all others on the toboggan slope. All good family fun and not a politically 'ski' correct dress code in sight. You have to be careful not to pick up the wrong kid as many are dressed in the same Aldi gear. I would say that if the advertising is working then BB has done well. Perhaps there are ads also for other ethnic origins.
    That is what good marketing and business is all about. Finding where the money is and knowing how to extract it.

currawong likes this.
  3. Tanuki

Tanuki A Local Ski Pass: Gold

That's good news, the more people visiting and enjoying BB the better

neilmny likes this.
  4. teckel

teckel Pool Room Ski Pass: Gold

piolet likes this.
  5. Mister Tee on XC Skis

Mister Tee on XC Skis A Local Ski Pass: Silver

I just pointed this matter out because being a person of Indo-Pakistani origin myself and multi lingual , I thought it seemed to be of interest to non Hindi language speaking forum members.

piolet and weerab like this.
  6. Xplora

Xplora One of Us Ski Pass: Silver

OK. I think you have mentioned this before so I thought there may have been more of a point to it.
    This led me to that conclusion and just looking to clarify.
    Good on BB. Thanks for bringing it to our attention Mr. T.
    Filed.