1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Mt Buller 17/6 Day Trip

Discussion in 'Mt Buller' started by Falls Fanatic, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Falls Fanatic

Falls Fanatic First Runs

Hey All!!!

Sorry no pics, but just thought i'd let people know about a day trip this Sunday just gone.

We left Melbourne about 4.30am and just made the 7am Mansfield-Mt Buller bus (phew!).
    First people in Buller Sports in the Village and were on the slopes by 8.40am.

We had to ski Bourke Street until 9 when BB2 opened but it was a great warmup.

We then headed across to Little Buller Spur for first tracks (other than 5 ski patrollers!!!). LBS and Wombats were gorgeous all morning, although the bottom just near Wombat cafe had a few bits of grass coming through and i mean i only counted 3. (Please note, they were both only open to the mid-station).

We then headed to Summit and cruised around there for a while, which included having a blast off the big air jump on the right of summit (looking from the bottom).
    The right of summit was beautiful all day with its grooming, the left was ungroomed and "not open", but it had some nice natural moguls and was still fun despite the crud.

Skyline was also open for some fast racing (just me and my bro).

Other than the expensive lunch at the Howqua cafe overall the day was a blast. Although the terrain selection eventually got slightly boring, it just meant that we had to be inventive. Lots of Fanging!!!

Matt - [​IMG]

#1 Falls Fanatic, Jun 18, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2013
  2. DeesOnSkis

DeesOnSkis One of Us

We were up for a fun first day on Saturday. Beautiful blue skies and very warm - 11c at Wombat Hut at one point. You could see the snow disappearing on Family Run and elsewhere.

LBS and Summit were great and lasted most of the day as it wasn't crowded. Wombat and Skyline started icy but softened up nicely later.

There is still quite a way to go to get Howqua open. Summit was only open down to the chair - loading on Koflers is close to the Hutte.

3. Cliff-jumper_2000

Cliff-jumper_2000 First Runs

Was up for the weekend to got some pics too prob be up tomorrow sometime! Perfect weather both days and the snow stayed firm all day considering how warm it was. Sunday the snow was way better seemed to have done some snowmaking Saturday night which put a nice layer on top but there was still some icy section awaiting you :D. The kicker on the summit is relly good spent a few hours doing that its got a great kick and the landing is perfect i though [​IMG] . Also the terrain park is fun spent half an hour in the on the rails i count 7rails that were good to go and they were getting other set up during Sunday arvo. All in all graet weekend no crowds great weather and you wont here me complaining about the snow only a week into the season ya [​IMG]

#3 Cliff-jumper_2000, Jun 18, 2007
  4. Cliff-jumper_2000

Cliff-jumper_2000 First Runs

Yeah so the pics are now up in the photo section of this site under buller sub catogory [​IMG] enjoy!

#4 Cliff-jumper_2000, Jun 19, 2007