Status
Not open for further replies.

Angus_McCrory

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Oct 22, 2005
Lurking
ROFL

Baahaaa, I managed to read before deleted.
So I guess that means I better not copy/paste the Mod's South Park World of Warcraft dude here then. ;)
:out:

Oh, and staying on topic, proof that blue sky is occasionally witnessed at Buller. This was last week. . .

7gHcc9cl.jpg

;) :D
Photoshopped.

benzerknees

Addicted
Oct 16, 2010
Back on Trip Reports, Pics & Conditions: I noticed on the run report bottom of Fed is closed.

It is harder to work out the conditions of cow camp and dam run as they don't get listed separately and remain a guessing game as to if they are open and/or groomed. I noticed cattleman's is closed, suggesting lower tirol may be closed . Can some on mountain eyewitness please report back?

Are Dam Run and Cow Camp / Village runs still doable?
Is the lower trail from the Outer edge area to Wombat Lift still doable?

Dos

One of Us
Sep 9, 2012
Sydney
Visit site
I don't understand why Buller doesn't already have a priority system in place, where the best skiers go to the front of the lunch queue, and Indian and Chinese day-trippers armed with lunch vouchers fight for the leftovers.
Luckily, this doesn't include Thai ;)

travelislife

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 9, 2008
Melbourne
Back on Trip Reports, Pics & Conditions: I noticed on the run report bottom of Fed is closed.

It is harder to work out the conditions of cow camp and dam run as they don't get listed separately and remain a guessing game as to if they are open and/or groomed. I noticed cattleman's is closed, suggesting lower tirol may be closed . Can some on mountain eyewitness please report back?

Not sure what to believe on the run report. Yesterday I posted asking about Summit Slide as it too says it is only open half way but others have said it is open top to bottom. I will be up there Friday morning but would be good to hear a couple of reports of actual conditions!

Barras

Addicted
Aug 15, 2011

Dam Run was struggling on Sunday afternoon, where Cattleman's joins, Cow camp was better but undergrowth was poking through down low, the lower part of Outer edge was OK as well as the run out to Wombat.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

kasper

Hard Yards
Jul 12, 2003

I skied Dam Run/Cow Camp on Satutrday once...that was was enough. You would need to do some mud skiing there now after the sun of this week. After the warmish ra#%$n/snow coming this weekend I think we may have seen the last of the lower north side this year...(hopefully I am wrong!)

As with Federation, The bottom 100m or so is toast. However Whiskey trail seemed to have a fair bit of snow on it so they will more than likely keep that open on the weekends to move some of the Wombat crowd down there.

Reactions: Sadie

Vermillion

Pool Room
Ski Pass
Nov 13, 2005
Cranhole, Melbourne, VIC
Apparently the big derm was up on the hill this Tuesday just gone. Praised the staff and everyone for being so smooth. Anyone who was up there see a big flog out on his board?

Sadie

Chk Chk Boom
Ski Pass
Aug 31, 2001
Melbourne
Burnt Hut Spur - so much better than Bourke Street

10547796_905990856095977_1467115034412562541_o.jpg

Do you want to build a snowman?

10548211_905991789429217_6415673368920411139_o.jpg

I find Burnt Hut a bit of fun. I guess it could be because I am on a board and I like to just "pop" off little bumps and go through the trees and have fun on the runs off the side. Its fun for a cruise as there is hardly anyone on it.

Reactions: Dos

Dos

One of Us
Sep 9, 2012
Sydney
Visit site
I just wish they had lined up the Bonzo differently. Instead of putting it along the spur which leaves the runs on the skier's left of the spur to bank left all the times. If they lined it from the fall line to the bottom of valley all runs around the lift would go down fall line. As for spur run, longer cat track could be cut to the base station.

travelislife

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 9, 2008
Melbourne
Hot up here today! North side gone soft by 10:30 but some nice runs on summit slide and further up to skiers left was good as well dropping in off the ridge. Grimus still open to bottom but not sure how much longer it will last. Best of the day was men's downhill which I lapped maybe 6 times. Sun valley and that area was actually pretty decent as was first half of federation (wombat and fed bowl closed after half way, would only need 10cms or so to be skiable again. Great fun around the summit/howqua area all day. Lower north side closed. Still lots of fun to be had with all lifts turning, but not sure how much longer will last. Hopefully the weather on the weekend plays nice.

wolly

One of Us
May 29, 2002
near the snow
yes last sunday 13 megalitres of water for snowmaking. Monday night 10 megalitres of water, do not know wednesday figures. hugs whales around the snowmaking areas , especially LBS and wombat and beserk street

wolly

One of Us
May 29, 2002
near the snow
look jane bunn has predicted 10 mm of rain , then snow lowering to 1300 wed , thurs , personally I am not too worried.
yes some of the northside will shut, but hey, you snooze you loose

Concur with both posts above. A great day - much better than I expected and actually spent most of the day skiing solo until I hooked up with the Carves for s Sun Vally run at the end of the day. Summit>Howqua, Fast One and LBS which was surprisingly quiet in the morning, then after lunch stuck to the south faces - Hogg's Back, Woody, Sun Valley, Yurredla and men's which was in awesome knick.

Actually quite buggered. Couch, red and footy tonight I think for me.

K@os

A Local
Aug 12, 2005
South Australia
Yeah I'm shattered too. At the Kooroora waiting for shanks drinking a Pale Ale by myself

Men's, wombats and LBS were also my faves, Howqua sure did get busy at the end of the day

Going to get a bottle of red and head home as soon as I've eaten....can't wait to hit that couch

Claude Cat

On my bike
Ski Pass
Platinum
Jul 6, 2001
Canterbury, Vic
Youngest lad had good day with ski school, and has now progressed on to blue slopes.
Hoping we get at least half a day tomorrow before it turns bad.

Just back from the Hoo-ha, watching the dons fall over the line over a nice steak!

Reactions: Edgecrusher

rime noreason

One of Us
Jun 6, 2014
A whiter shade of pale
look jane bunn has predicted 10 mm of rain , then snow lowering to 1300 wed , thurs , personally I am not too worried.
yes some of the northside will shut, but hey, you snooze you loose
Luckily I've already managed several trips this season. I have next week already booked though, so have the wetsuit and bouyancy vest packed, and copiuosly kicking myself at regular intervals for having pre-booked:doh:

Today's reports are great to read from those up there though:thumbs:

I'd sure have liked a little more winter love for next week but will have a terrific time whatever comes, and I'm still holding on for a few more flakes before the mountain shuts shop a few weeks from now.

Bluebird

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 16, 2013
Melbourne
Luckily I've already managed several trips this season. I have next week already booked though, so have the wetsuit and bouyancy vest packed, and copiuosly kicking myself at regular intervals for having pre-booked:doh:

Today's reports are great to read from those up there though:thumbs:

I'd sure have liked a little more winter love for next week but will have a terrific time whatever comes, and I'm still holding on for a few more flakes before the mountain shuts shop a few weeks from now.
I'm going up next weekend too and am hoping for the best but fearing the worst! Like you, I'm sure I will have fun regardless of the conditions, though.

rime noreason

One of Us
Jun 6, 2014
A whiter shade of pale
It seems there's still plenty of snow, but getting soft early with a top of 5 today, and even more of that to come with this week's forecast temperatures hitting 4 degrees. [I need a wrinkled up nose emoticon here to go with that!]

Whiteman

A Local
Ski Pass
Jun 29, 2003
North Sydney
Buller has been great both days this weekend. South side runs were very good.

Much fun at our club races yesterday and big dinner last night followed by the Ski Patrol White Party last night. Very well deserved winner in the fashion parade!!

Reactions: CarveMan

Sadie

Chk Chk Boom
Ski Pass
Aug 31, 2001
Melbourne
Ahhh yes ok. We chose to stay home today. Plenty of people have been heading down the hill early.

Hopefully there are some top ups all around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass