Snow Report Mt Buller 2017 - Trip Reports, Pics & Conditions

SkiMun

Part of the Furniture
Jan 1, 1970
Melbourne
Tooth ache sucks anytime but especially at the snow. :( Last time I had to evacuate back to Melbourne after a sleepless night.

DbSki

Old n' Crusty
Jun 19, 2012
Melb
According to older club members any injury involving pain you just get hammered on hard liquor to sleep.
If its still there in the morning then you got a problem but at least you got a good night sleep.

Reactions: hongomania

dmz

More cheeeese Gromit
Ski Pass
Jun 25, 2001
melbourne
According to older club members any injury involving pain you just get hammered on hard liquor to sleep.
If its still there in the morning then you got a problem but at least you got a good night sleep.
I think the science is in re: alcohol and the quality of the sleep but I know what you mean :)

Reactions: DbSki

xuěboarder

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 23, 2016
What a weekend.
Saturday, while foggy was great fun snow and little crowds, and the added bonus of our phenomenal kits. Disappointed by the turn out but I suppose the weather deterred a lot.
The runs: I lapped fed, wombat and bull all morning and then spent the afternoon doing all runs on the northside. Favourite rum was either dam or cow camp, village 3 was fun too.
Sunday, sun made an appearance for the morning and so did the crowds. Ended up in bull bowl the whole day, an overnight groomed wood run was fun. Dropped of summit all along and past the fire hut, an awkward soft top layer, hard underneath. Otherwise the snow was very sticky resort wide, I was riding with a lot of weight backward.
I can't believe the cover, the cordoned off areas below bourke, the size of summit to fire hut and just the mountain in general. Love buller when it's on!

Attachments

• 20170910_210014.png
    20170910_210014.png
    269.7 KB · Views: 1

Jellybeans

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Aug 24, 2015
Canberra
Another great day.
Southside was quite icy.
Northside was a bit heavy, but pretty nice.
The view was incredible, snow across all the surrounding mountains. The sun disappeared at around 2pm, but the extreme crowds of the morning were long gone. According to my cousin, the queues at Grimus were climbing the hill, and Boggy Creek also had a massive queue. She said only lift without a major queue was Fed and Tirol, but also added the queues at Bull Run and Southside were manageable compared to the Northside.

Glad I got out at midday. Got heaps of sun for two hours, lapping up Village, Dam Run and Cow Camp. Got to Boggy Creek after the fog started. Quite heavy, best line was directly next to the t-bar. Went to Slalom Gully, that wasn't bad. LBS was really nice, Whiskey Creek was pretty heavy yet well covered.
Yurredla was okay, but fairly icy.

IMG_1937.JPG

IMG_1936.JPG

Love skiing in this place.
IMG_1935.JPG

Love skiing at Buller at it's finest cover.

Froff Life

A Local
Ski Pass
Apr 2, 2014
Melbourne
We had a ripper day on Saturday. Most coverage Ive ever seen at Buller! And surprisingly little to no lines. Annoying that Melbourne Grammar had closed off LBS all day.
Favourite runs were Wood and Damn runs. Although the whole Bull bowl was great fun. Didn't get up to summit as viability was pretty foul up top.

Ultra

One of Us
Jun 2, 2009
NSW
quite enjoyed my first ever day at Buller, i found the north sides a little icey and hard, but the southside was great, loved runs to wombat lift, and the southern sides of the summit. im very impressed. loving the village atmosphere. pics when i get enough bandwidth to upload. not looking forward to tomorrow with rain on the card.. wasnt impressed with roast beef(fat)roll at the cafe below howqua lift..

Jellybeans

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Aug 24, 2015
Canberra
IMG_1940.JPG

Still waiting for Buller X, Chutes filled with snow.
IMG_1941.JPG

Near the top of Fanny's. A bit crusty, but pretty nice down Fannys.
IMG_1942.JPG

Looking down below Fanny's and across the lower Chutes and Main St.
IMG_1944.JPG

Back in the Village trees again... quite heavy down there though.
IMG_1945.JPG

Top of Bull Run, Hog's Back was just amazing today.

Cloudy with sun peaking through at times. Only one light rain shower just as I got out.
Only queue was at Grimus, all other lifts were ski on.
Very good 3 days of skiing.

The Plowking

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Aug 15, 2000
Bonbeach, Vic
Im a chance for Saturdays potential 'winter' conditions ...qty dependant after Fridays liquid.
Usual suspects can't come.
Potential suspects can't come either.
Anyone advanced around to ride with? Ski or board, don't care.
Be first lifts of course.

TOFF

Triple premiership Pants man
Ski Pass
Aug 10, 2004
Wuhan
I am considering a visit up this weekend, maybe even just a day trip.
Hmmm

TOFF

Triple premiership Pants man
Ski Pass
Aug 10, 2004
Wuhan
Kinda cute TOFF that you suggested having a ski with CM.
Has been done multiple times including already this season. I think it counts towards his community service.
Maybe one day even you might have a ski?

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Learn how membership works on these forums
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass