K6Clwsn.jpg

yUaHIpe.jpg

328.gif

Jellybeans

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Aug 24, 2015
Box Hill, VIC
A mate of mine who works in a GPS type field was talking about kind of thing that last year. Not sure if it's related.
Could be. Perhaps it's a good thing that BSL are investing with snow gaining and preserving techniques, with the snow factory, more snow guns and now improved grooming. Now all they need to do is dig the hole!

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

CarveMan

I Never Slice
Ski Pass
May 12, 2000
Les Hautes Montagnes
aussieskier.com
I've heard whispers about lift pass prices becoming variable based on time of season, and also encouraging booking early and online - similar to the US.

ie if you walk up to the ticket office on a Saturday morning in August it won't be pretty but if you book online a few days (or weeks) ahead it will be much cheaper. Also prices could go quite low midweek with the same requirements.

Reactions: Jellybeans

wolly

One of Us
May 29, 2002
near the snow
I've heard whispers about lift pass prices becoming variable based on time of season, and also encouraging booking early and online - similar to the US.

ie if you walk up to the ticket office on a Saturday morning in August it won't be pretty but if you book online a few days (or weeks) ahead it will be much cheaper. Also prices could go quite low midweek with the same requirements.
it appears as though if you book on line for either gate entry, taxis and possibly lift tickets you are going to save $$$

xuěboarder

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 23, 2016
Surely I'm misinterpreting $55 for gate and $55 for overnight parking (first night)?

Gototakahashi

Addicted
Sep 26, 2017
Has the price of resort entry dropped by a dollar for online payment? Last year it was 45 dollars, wasn't it? but the parking prices are ridiculous. But it looks like the taxi prices are cheaper too.

willsnow

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 19, 2017
Here's a sheet I created for an easy 2017 vs 2018 cost comparison.
Disclaimer: I am not responsible for the accuracy of information contained on that link.

Speaking of, would they still do the half-price gate entry if you arrive before 8AM ?

Whatever really

Addicted
Sep 21, 2017
Last year they advertised free resort entry for opening weekend on the website so when I arrived and was asked to pay I showed her the website and she said look at the date and read the terms it was actually for the year before.
She too was shocked but management told her to charge every one and tell them it’s last years deal.
If you google buller resort entry it still is up and says 2016
http://www.mtbuller.com.au/Winter/r...tails/get-free-resort-entry-this-long-weekend

Jellybeans

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Aug 24, 2015
Box Hill, VIC
Buller Press Release.
Mt Buller & Mt Stirling Resort Entry, Parking and Valet Services

During 2017 a representative group of mountain stakeholders discussed ways of making visits to Mt Buller and Mt Stirling even more appealing. The group agreed that we should find ways to:
  • Improve affordability
  • Streamline gate entry
  • Reduce the cost of taxis
  • Encourage mid-week visitation
  • Encourage multiple night stays
  • Increase utilisation of coach services
Accordingly, we are pleased to announce the following changes for the 2018 season.

Book online, save time and save 20%
Visitors can save 20% by buying resort entry, overnight permits and taxi (Valet) tickets online. The resultant online resort entry price of $44 is actually lower than 2017. Guests who purchase online can also skip the resort entry queue at Mirimbah and head straight to the snow. Knowing how many people are coming will help scheduling staff and buses so as to improve the arrival experience.

Stay longer for less
A fee equal to the cost of resort entry applies to the first night of an overnight stay, which is similar to other resorts. The savings then kick in, with subsequent nights costing only $8 midweek and $28 for Fridays and Saturdays when purchased online.

Taxis renamed and reduced
Visitors appreciate the door to door service from their car to their accommodation, which has now been renamed as a Valet service. In response to visitor feedback, the adult fare has been significantly reduced from $23 to $14.40 and the child fare from $15 to $7.20 when booking online. In a further benefit for families, the adult rate will only apply to people over 17 years old (previously 14).

Coach prices reduced
To help make coach travel more affordable, resort entry prices have been reduced from $15.80 to $15 for adults and from $11.10 to $10 for tertiary students and kids.

Gate entry streamlined
Coaches will no longer stop at Mirimbah resort entry to make their payments, leaving the main road clear for vehicles that already have a permit. So visitors with a season permit or who have pre-purchased online can drive straight through and get up top even faster.

We believe these changes will help make for an exciting season, and ask for your assistance in encouraging visitors and guests to book online at www.mtbuller.com.au to realise these significant savings.

The resort entry, overnight and valet fares are outlined below. Click here to download a PDF of this document.
With kind regards,

Mark Bennetts
CEO

Hunter

Part of the Furniture
Endless Winter
Aug 21, 2000
goughs bay
Nice winter like view

What is that monster ugly black box of a building dominating the upper left view in the picture ?
Thank God we have the controls of town planning .....................

buller2.jpg

Mister Tee on XC Skis

Not your average unconventional eccentric.
Ski Pass
Jul 29, 2015
Melbourne, Lockdown-i-stan .
soundcloud.com
Nice winter like view

What is that monster ugly black box of a building dominating the upper left view in the picture ?
Thank God we have the controls of town planning .....................

buller2.jpg
Complaining about ugly buildings at Mt. Buller resort is pointless. The whole resort is ugly. Give me the Back Country any day.

Reactions: Rick Ross Da Boss

DbSki

Old n' Crusty
Jun 19, 2012
Melb
Nice winter like view

New YHA building
Nicer looking than the old shack they had before.
Father has many tales to tell of the place, he was in the original membership who built the place.
My parents met as members of YHA.

stridercdh

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 15, 2011
Canberra
No. Inversion happening now
I know the resort were planning to open Bourke St for toboganners and snow players tomorrow, but if it is warm and damp overnight I can't see that happening. I would imagine there'd be not much left by morning...

djam

One of Us
Apr 6, 2009
warm and r***ing here, as well as windy, that just leaves a wet thin cover, can't see much skiable for a while (weeks) yet.

FixedGrip

Kick-Ass Blaster
Ski Pass
May 31, 2005
The Chammy
Pissed down on and off all evening, with rather impressive gusting winds.

No matter - the Whitt fire was cranking and the Furphy ice cold. Off to Craig’s Hut today after a B&E / coffee.

DbSki

Old n' Crusty
Jun 19, 2012
Melb
yeah, must of heard the talking about the YHA building.

Just looked at it in daylight, thinking the same.

I might have to go past APIRA this year and make sure its all still bolted down.

I was planing to remove the temp sensor too, Id like to use it for something else.
It requires my server to poll the unit to get temps and control the night light and I don't have access to the cam directly as I did before.
No longer members of APIRA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass