That sounds like an excellent sequel to:

6bb54480-ebe5-012f-2d32-005056942d16.jpg

CarveMan

I Never Slice
Ski Pass
May 12, 2000
Les Hautes Montagnes
aussieskier.com
Well it's finally looking and feeling like October, a few warm nights in a row and a couple of mm of rain yesterday has left the snow a bit glue-y.

There's still plenty of snow but it's melting quick, groomers are great fun in the morning, looks like we might get a freeze the next couple of nights which will vastly improve conditions through the day.

CarveMan

I Never Slice
Ski Pass
May 12, 2000
Les Hautes Montagnes
aussieskier.com
@CarveMan Is it worth heading up for 1 last trip tomorrow? Coverage still looks decent on the cams, but how is it around Wood run/Wombat bowl?
Much better skiing today after a freeze overnight and I think there will be one tonight as well.

A few troughs opening up in Wood Run but in reality it's what you would expect in the first week in September, not October!

Hog's Back still eminently skiable, unlike a few weeks ago you actually have to turn around the rocks now!! Groomers are great as they get soft before they get trashed now, had some great runs on LBS/Wombat this morning.

I would come up for sure.

absentskier

Smug bozo
Ski Pass
Jun 10, 2010
Melbourne
Much better skiing today after a freeze overnight and I think there will be one tonight as well.

A few troughs opening up in Wood Run but in reality it's what you would expect in the first week in September, not October!

Hog's Back still eminently skiable, unlike a few weeks ago you actually have to turn around the rocks now!! Groomers are great as they get soft before they get trashed now, had some great runs on LBS/Wombat this morning.

What a great season. Have really enjoyed all the reports this season from you and others.

CarveMan

I Never Slice
Ski Pass
May 12, 2000
Les Hautes Montagnes
aussieskier.com
What a great season. Have really enjoyed all the reports this season from you and others.
Yep it's been a ripper.

Quite different for me as I only started in late July but have made up for it since. I won't ski Sunday as we're driving to Canberra but tomorrow will get me to 42 days, and CG will be at 36. Not bad with a kid born at the start of June! Looking at my lift access stats on the Buller website I will have started 40 of those days at Bull Run which is insane.

Skiing in shorter bursts has mean that I haven't done quite as much exploring as I often do, but on the flip side my joints feel a lot better thanks to my quality over quantity requirement this year.

We've been blessed with 2 amazing seasons in a row, so I've got a bit of trepidation about what next year holds!!!!

absentskier

Smug bozo
Ski Pass
Jun 10, 2010
Melbourne
Yep it's been a ripper.

Quite different for me as I only started in late July but have made up for it since. I won't ski Sunday as we're driving to Canberra but tomorrow will get me to 42 days, and CG will be at 36. Not bad with a kid born at the start of June! Looking at my lift access stats on the Buller website I will have started 40 of those days at Bull Run which is insane.

Skiing in shorter bursts has mean that I haven't done quite as much exploring as I often do, but on the flip side my joints feel a lot better thanks to my quality over quantity requirement this year.

We've been blessed with 2 amazing seasons in a row, so I've got a bit of trepidation about what next year holds!!!!
Yeah 3 in a row might be asking a bit much, but you never know!

TheFake

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 18, 2008

Definitely worth going up still. Last hurrah for me this weekend to end what has been an unbelievable season.

You've convinced me (not that it took a lot of convincing!) :D Now here's hoping my slightly tweaked hammy holds up... :whistle:

Reactions: SkiMun

NMac

First Runs
Aug 21, 2018
I was up today and still had an excellent time in bull run bowl and summit area. Any slushy moguls you find too will be a heap of fun.

Max29057

One of Us
Jul 26, 2015
Yep it's been a ripper.

Hey Carveman, how am I able to look at lift stats. Would be very interesting!

DbSki

Old n' Crusty
Jun 19, 2012
Melb
Usually get 4 to 5 days at most at Buller, did 7 day trips this year thanks to the $90 lift ticks.
And what was even better than the $44 day parking was driving past cars at the parking gate that had passed me on the way up who ended up sitting at the parking gate to pay because they failed to order online.

The Plowking

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Aug 15, 2000
Bonbeach, Vic
Usually get 4 to 5 days at most at Buller, did 7 day trips this year thanks to the $90 lift ticks.
And what was even better than the $44 day parking was driving past cars at the parking gate that had passed me on the way up who ended up sitting at the parking gate to pay because they failed to order online.
Winners are grinners

Reactions: DbSki

xuěboarder

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 23, 2016
And that's a wrap.
As SkiMun said, it was pretty much a private resort. I dont think I saw more than 5 people on bourke street.
Wombat was hard and fast first off. Grimus some great slushy fun. Everywhere else was slow by midday.
Said adios to BB1 and a great season.

Reactions: SkiMun

The Plowking

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Aug 15, 2000
Bonbeach, Vic
A great season, though I only had one weekend, was the best weekend ever.
That's one more weekend trip than me.
I thought marrying a Canadian was a good idea.
Unfortunately she's become a fair weather one :(
Missing our winter. Missing theirs this year.

snowgum

A Local
Ski Pass
May 4, 1999
vic
That's one more weekend trip than me.
I thought marrying a Canadian was a good idea.
Unfortunately she's become a fair weather one :(
Missing our winter. Missing theirs this year.

Thats a bugger PK!

And there was I Canuck born, lamenting growing up in hot dry old Oz!!

Honestly the last two seasons (well second half of 17’ & all 18’) it was only lack of $ (& occasionally ski partners) not snow limiting my skiing.

Good luck getting back into it with some eager mates.

Fwiw: we had pretty ordinary weather (gusty, cloudy) mid season this year but I’ll take it for the good snowfalls!! (;-)

Reactions: Froff Life
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Learn how membership works on these forums
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass